Heresy 1's receiver matchup??

jrkpilot

Hi all, I'm new here...I have a pair of 1984 Heresy 1's in oiled dark walnut that I bought new in 1985.

With a Luxman Rx-102 and Denon turntable. They were never played much and stored for over 20 yrs/oiled every 2 years.

They are perfectly mint and beautiful. The Ex got the Luxman and I gave the Denon to my stepson who is a vinyl freak.

I bought a "Baby" Marantz 2216B ( mint perfect ) and have played them thru it in a bedroom...lovely to my ears.

Now I'm moving my Heresy's to my shop ( think one car garage full of stuff ). After reading and researching ( as I know little about audio ), I just opened

up the speakers ( like a time capsule ) and took out the crossovers and shipped them to Bob Crites for upgrade/rebuild...cuz everyone said I should...

My real question is...I bought a MINT Harman Kardon 330c receiver to use in the shop with the Heresy's...I built cool padded shelves...Will the

super efficient Heresy's sound yummy with this low powered receiver??

Thank you

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I'm new here...I have a pair of 1984 Heresy 1's in oiled dark walnut that I bought new in 1985.
With a Luxman Rx-102 and Denon turntable. They were never played much and stored for over 20 yrs/oiled every 2 years.
They are perfectly mint and beautiful. The Ex got the Luxman and I gave the Denon to my stepson who is a vinyl freak.
I bought a "Baby" Marantz 2216B ( mint perfect ) and have played them thru it in a bedroom...lovely to my ears.
Now I'm moving my Heresy's to my shop ( think one car garage full of stuff ). After reading and researching ( as I know little about audio ), I just opened
up the speakers ( like a time capsule ) and took out the crossovers and shipped them to Bob Crites for upgrade/rebuild...cuz everyone said I should...
My real question is...I bought a MINT Harman Kardon 330c receiver to use in the shop with the Heresy's...I built cool padded shelves...Will the
super efficient Heresy's sound yummy with this low powered receiver??
Thank you

That is a lot to unwrap. The answer is meow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, mine are way too nice for the shop, however they just don't fit properly anywhere in my kinda big house-and we have surround sound set up in the "TV family room"...and they just don't get played in my guitar room. And take up mucho space ( I have several amps ).

I play the guitar amps and they take up so much space. I am a "project guy" and I'm in the shop a lot and  want awesome music...and hell, they are 33 yrs old already.

They will likely outlast ME...and there is the "bragging rights" thing as well....

1 hour ago, HDBRbuilder said:

You just can't go wrong with a nice condition H/K 430 twin-powered receiver for Heresy speakers.  The H/K 330 series is great, but the 430 really shines!

--- with that in mind I have a 430 that is in great cosmetic shape but does the quick "buzz" thing when powering up. New caps I would imagine? Anyhow, now that were are driving I think I'll bring it to Hope. Maybe someone will want to buy it -–?

--- with that in mind I have a 430 that is in great cosmetic shape but does the quick "buzz" thing when powering up. New caps I would imagine? Anyhow, now that were are driving I think I'll bring it to Hope. Maybe someone will want to buy it -–?

They all do that as the power transformers come up to operating voltages

I've had five 730's, one 430, one 630, and one 930, and each and every one had the same power up "buzz".....

26 minutes ago, richieb said:

Really, Thanks. Doesn't matter at this point regarding Hope - can't find the damn thing anyway --?!

RESULTS !!!

The Crites crossover updates came back quickly as I was promised...installed them and muscled my speakers up onto those high corner shelves...hung the 14 ga wire and rigged the "Baby Marantz 2215B"...( the HK's left side just puked....damn ) but...OMG !!! I now have a concert hall in my garage/shop !!!  I have never heard tone like that before ( granted, I never got around much )....all levels amazing...and for those who bitched about Heresy's weak bass....WRONG!!! mine is huge, strong...I cannot use Loudness control other than at low listening volumes. Are the original tweeters a little shrill...perhaps, but I love it all. Proves that even in not the best of spaces, these babies sing. Can't wait to compare tone with the HK when it returns from the doctor ( $$$$$ oh brother )....Thanks Klipsch people and bloggers everywhere!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jrkpilot said:

and for those who bitched about Heresy's weak bass....WRONG!!! mine is huge, strong.

Not weak bass, just weak low bass.  My experience is the same as you, strong and punchy also with great tonal quality.

Bill

48 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

If you have them up high on a corner shelf, turn them upside down...and let the ceiling corner act like a floor corner for the woofers, while putting the top end closer to your ears.  Just give it a try...and let us know how it works out.

Like Chipotle?😋

image.png.5e243e247356bb39651c5e3c14400477.png

Bill

• Like 1