Another blah, blah, blah, Royal Wedding, blah, blah blah

thebes

Why does American news spend so much time talking about the British so-called Royalty. 

They never seem to point out that they are one of the longest running scams in history. Despite being billionaires they regularly fleece The Brit

taxpayers for billions more. Yes it's a tough life. They have to flit from castle to castle, let people take pictures of them, attend all the good parties and even the toddlers get driven around in a Rolls.

Another silly hat wedding this weekend and more blather from what passes nowadays as a western press corps.

Me, except for the religious stuff, I'm a Cromwellian.  Regicide. Now that's the ticket.

Any chance The Donald could divert a spare B2 over the Channel and finish off the undone business of the American Revolution.?

• Like 1

Why does American news spend so much time talking about the British so-called Royalty. 

They never seem to point out that they are one of the longest running scams in history. Despite being billionaires they regularly fleece The Brit
 taxpayers for billions more. Yes it's a tough life. They have to flit from castle to castle, let people take pictures of them, attend all the good parties and even the toddlers get driven around in a Rolls.

Another silly hat wedding this weekend and more blather from what passes nowadays as a western press corps.

Me, except for the religious stuff, I'm a Cromwellian.  Regicide. Now that's the ticket.

Any chance The Donald could divert a spare B2 over the Channel and finish off the undone business of the American Revolution.?

All these people do is count their money. The American news media just go ga ga every time one of the royal family farts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say it, but it's because of this thread.  Not specifically the reason, but people talk about it, hate it, but talk about it.  The Royal Family has nothing on the Kardashians.  Worthless people in my mind.  Who cares, but one of them sneezes and it's a headline.  So, is it that media drives what people want, or is it people drive what the media show's us?  Either way, you're both right.  You want to change the channel, but it's on every channel......

• Like 1

--- and as I said yesterday in the CCC thread it falls on Saturday, the biggest Pilgramage Day. Have the Royals no shame(well, no). I am hoping for "a release of the chickens" to celebrate the earth stopping event, Arky style. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Hate to say it, but it's because of this thread.  Not specifically the reason, but people talk about it, hate it, but talk about it.  The Royal Family has nothing on the Kardashians.  Worthless people in my mind.  Who cares, but one of them sneezes and it's a headline.  So, is it that media drives what people want, or is it people drive what the media show's us?  Either way, you're both right.  You want to change the channel, but it's on every channel......

I doubt very many people that follow the Kartrashians know what happen for them to gain their recent fame!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebes said:

They never seem to point out that they are one of the longest running scams in history.

2 hours ago, thebes said:

Yeah, we've got our own royal scammers to think about.

Good idea. If nothing else the B2 threat may bring another $500 million to fund our scammers interests.

On second thought maybe I should be more careful. When the Royals got back into power they dug up Cromwell's body, (he'd died before they came back into power) had it hung in chains, and then decapitated!

Guess they hold a grudge like no other.

On the bright side the wedding of Prince Harry will generate approximately $1 billion in economic activity for the British economy. On the other side of the tuppence, this Markle lady is one step above boozy white trash. Her family is bad news and I am sure Lizzy is none too pleased that she is marrying into the royal family, or The Firm as it is known. I will make the over/under 6 years on a divorce. Harry will move onto some fair English rose.

13 hours ago, RT FAN said:

On the bright side the wedding of Prince Harry will generate approximately $1 billion in economic activity for the British economy. On the other side of the tuppence, this Markle lady is one step above boozy white trash. Her family is bad news and I am sure Lizzy is none too pleased that she is marrying into the royal family, or The Firm as it is known. I will make the over/under 6 years on a divorce. Harry will move onto some fair English rose.

Divorce is My prediction as well (5 years 4 months), I spent part of my morning in the car yesterday. On a radio program (2 guys named chris) they discussed what there wives were doing getting up at 4am having friends over who are not allowed to speak except during commercial, serving tea, crimpets, strawberries and cream. Me I am laughing at the idiocy of it all, asking who gives a Frick. At least my wife thinks it is all a big waste, she is pissed that they will clutter up the tv.

A lot of women love gala, and many live vicariously through rich beautiful women.  You see it so often in retail.  Stand in line at a grocery store or Walgreen's and you have to look at Jennifer Anniston or Princess Whomever or the bachelorette on the cover of 20 different magazines.  Expensive handbags and perfumes named after actresses or singers.

Marilyn Monroe has been dead over 50 years and she still graces calendars and magazine covers.  Elizabeth Taylor's brand rakes in millions per year.  I'm sure the late Princess Diana was mentioned a billion times during the latest wedding coverage.

Then you have soap operas, which were honestly the precursor to reality shows.  The lives and loves of beautiful rich people.  I don't understand the addiction fascination, but I have seen its effects for a really long time.