WTB: Crites XOvers & Tweeters for Forte1 or Chorus2

jfjacques

anyone have an inexpensive set that theyve upgraded from or moved on to other models? 

y

I have a pair of Forte 1 with stock xovers and upgraded tweeter diaphragms, recently acquired (through this forum) pair of superb Chorus 2 all stock would like to think about the remaining upgrades as budget allows. 

Let me know what you may have - thanks! James 

You could also just buy the capacitors & install them yourself... very easy to do if you have average soldering skills.  Don't need to use sonicaps either, many other caps out there that will sound just as good for less $$.  Unless you are going for top of the line caps/sound, the improvement is mainly from replacing the cheap/aged original klipsch caps.

Forte I are kinda of a pain to rebuild the xover on. The crossover is built on the back of the terminal cup and are impossible to just put new caps on...well at least for me. I took all the pieces off and built a new board for them. Really a gratifying job but it can be a head scratcher too. Recapping my forte ii and Chorus II that are built on pcb boards was a cake walk in comparison.

Looks like you use your basement  system is for your 2 channel stereo/vinyl listening. Consider saving up to invest in tubes for that set up as well. There is a sweet synergy between Klipsch and tubes.

just my and many others humble opinion.

😃.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:09 PM, EpicKlipschFan said:

You could also just buy the capacitors & install them yourself... very easy to do if you have average soldering skills.  Don't need to use sonicaps either, many other caps out there that will sound just as good for less $$.  Unless you are going for top of the line caps/sound, the improvement is mainly from replacing the cheap/aged original klipsch caps.

Mostly true. But ...