1988 Klipschorns (signed set)

Kelly Laubon

Mr. Schu directly upstream ^^^ is being very helpful.  Even though those are nice looking for their age they are 30 years old and comparable Khorns from the same era don't sell used anywhere near the $6000 asking price.

Khorns are highly valued on this Klipsch forum and as such many members are knowledgeable on what Khorns sell for on the used market and you might find a buyer here if the price is reasonable.  There have been Sellers in the past who have Khorns may have gotten them passed down from a relative and when trying to sell them look up the price of new ones, or worse look on Ebay at ASKING prices.

Your best best if you really need to sell is to research SOLD prices, not asking prices.  Nobody is going to look at 2018 Khorn prices to see how much a speaker more than a quarter of a century old is worth.

I offer my advice with no self-interest.  I have already owned and sold Khorns and I am not currently in the market for them.

GLWYS

Set of Klipschorns, signed in consecutive serial numbers.  Type KB00HF Serial no. HF8862558  
LF8862559 and HF8862560  LF8862561.  Along with sub woofer.  Hardly used,    excellent condition...Must sell...$6,000.  Have great pictures also.
2902.thumb.jpeg.fd99649590a4f88df7a7604b7501fd3a.jpeg

Signed? The holy grail of speakers? I can now die in peace having witnessed the advertised signed set of definitive horn loaded corner speakers (at less than 1/2 price, yo). Please, keep me updated on your quest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had others here, some very nice people who have inherited Klipsch speakers who don't know how to value them so I give the Seller the benefit of the doubt.  If Kelly wants some help selling the Khorns, we can help with advice on valuation, presentation and pictures. 

If not, a price has been set and the fair market will determine what they are worth and Kelly will see how fast they will sell.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, baron167 said:

Reasoning with the unreasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What some here are trying to say without being rude is that the going value on a pair of Klipschorns of that age and condition is about $3,000 for the pair, sign or unsigned. A signed pair is not nearly as rare as a special veneer like Rosewood for instance. The value on a Sub from the era of yours is next to nothing, they are like computers and yours is well past obsolete, maybe $200. Don't like my answers? I don't care, those are the facts, GROW UP !!!

Roger

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 2:09 AM, teaman said:

I find it even more astounding that Kelly has the nerve to come in here to Klipsch fans and insult us all by offering them to us at $1500 over her Facebook Marketplace asking price

GLWS

• Like 1

Signed....  by WHOM?

If they're signed by PWK, that may add some value to them for someone who thinks it's cool that he had his hand on them.

On the other hand, if like so many other thousands of sets, they're signed by "Jane Doe" who did a quality check...  that's quite different.

Can you post a picture of whose signature is on them?

Well I love oak and if I had the money I might pay extra for those. They seem to be extra nice. But not 6000...maybe 3000 to 4000 but would need better pics and more of them .But they are very nice ones good luck on the sale. If you were closer to some of us I'm sure those would be getting good offers. 

22 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Well I love oak and if I had the money I might pay extra for those. They seem to be extra nice. But not 6000...maybe 3000 to 4000 but would need better pics and more of them .But they are very nice ones good luck on the sale. If you were closer to some of us I'm sure those would be getting good offers. 

The Facebook thread had a few more pics. $4500 is a much better price.

Guys: This forum is the "Garage Sale". It is meant for buying and selling. 

The OP can ask whatever price they want, it is none of our business. If you think the price is too high then it is simple - don't buy them. 

Let's show some respect and courtesy.

• Like 8

I just wanted to say, SORRY!!!  My husband passed away and I was informed by a group member to put them on Klipsch group site for this amount and they would sell.  Sorry if I offended anyone, I had no idea on value until someone told me.  Your group didn't need to be so rude.  I'm not from Flint and I'm not a fraud.  I guess I picked wrong site.  Thought I would get an idea, but nevermind... if you don't like it, please keep comments to yourself...Thanks!

• Like 2

Guest wdecho
13 minutes ago, Kelly Laubon said:

I just wanted to say, SORRY!!!  My husband passed away and I was informed by a group member to put them on Klipsch group site for this amount and they would sell.  Sorry if I offended anyone, I had no idea on value until someone told me.  Your group didn't need to be so rude.  I'm not from Flint and I'm not a fraud.  I guess I picked wrong site.  Thought I would get an idea, but nevermind... if you don't like it, please keep comments to yourself...Thanks!

Well said.

7 minutes ago, Kelly Laubon said:

First, I'm very sorry about your loss.  Second, I have found this place to be unnecessarily hard on new members and pricing and I am sorry for that.  I doubt the comments would have been as harsh if they hadn't seen the facebook page with the lower price.  Typically things are offered here at a discount over posting on other sites.  However, you are free to offer them for whatever you wish.  

It is very cool that you have a pair of nice oak Klipschorns with Paul's signature.  Good luck with your sale. 

• Like 4