1988 Klipschorns (signed set)

Kelly Laubon

Kelly; sorry for your loss and for the "unfriendly" introduction here.  

But ... have to give you one more explanation. We often see "newbies" on this site who have found some Klipsch speakers for almost nothing at garage sales, etc.  Then they try to get BIG $$'s for their find here since most of us Klipsch "nuts" frequent this site. Be assured, just about all members here are very honorable and honest people - on this site to assist others. Equipment here is usually offered "way below" eBay prices as we want "our stuff" to have a good home, rather than making a quick buck. Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Emile

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Emile said:

Kelly; sorry for your loss and for the "unfriendly" introduction here.  

But ... have to give you one more explanation. We often see "newbies" on this site who have found some Klipsch speakers for almost nothing at garage sales, etc.  Then they try to get BIG $$'s for their find here since most of us Klipsch "nuts" frequent this site. Be assured, just about all members here are very honorable and honest people - on this site to assist others. Equipment here is usually offered "way below" eBay prices as we want "our stuff" to have a good home, rather than making a quick buck. Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Emile

So you talk about the newbies coming in here trying to sell gear. You've been a member since October, so that makes you a grizzled Klipsch veteran? IDK a lot of technical info, I can just tell you what sounds good to me. 

Equipment here is usually offered "way below" eBay prices as we want "our stuff" to have a good home,

Some Klipsch forum members want everything for next to nothing, how they came into your possession really has no impact on what a fair price is. And when they sell, prices can be on the high side. Nature of the beast. 

GLWS

Mark

• Like 2

Kelly,

Sorry for your loss.  Please be patient with us.  Unfortunately, the anonymity of a keyboard brings out the worst in some people who are, probably, genuinely nice in person.  

A few here fail to understand that perception is reality.  If someone finds your behavior annoying, sarcastically suggesting that they’re wrong to find your behavior annoying is  . . . well . . . annoying.  If you can look past the few boors, this forum is a great resource for sellers of vintage Klipsch products.  It’s possible to get a realistic sense of the market, while exposing your sale to a large group of knowledgeable interested Klipsch enthusiasts.

The thread below is an illustration of someone I tried to help who grew weary of the impatience and sarcasm demonstrated by a few.  The result was the forum members lost an opportunity to get excellent speakers at a fair price and the seller, due to exasperation, sold them cheap to someone who resold them at a profit.

The thread below reflects the process at its best.  A local women inherited two 50s vintage Klipschorns from her father.  When she told me she’d been offered $800 for the pair by a local dealer, I assured her she could do better than that.  The offer of $800 was a fair offer from a retailer who needs to make a profit, but not what she could get selling them herself.  With my assistance, and the power of this forum, she sold the speakers to a forum member at a price that was fair to all, and considerably better, for her, than $800.  

This thread chronicles the collection.  I wasn’t able to easily locate the thread documenting the sale.

Feel free to send a private message (PM) if you would like to discuss this further.   Best wishes with your desire to send your husband’s speakers to a worthy custodian, while getting what they’re genuinely worth.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Set of Klipschorns, signed in consecutive serial numbers.  Type KB00HF Serial no. HF8862558  
LF8862559 and HF8862560  LF8862561.  Along with sub woofer.  Hardly used,    excellent condition...Must sell...$6,000.  Have great pictures also.
2902.thumb.jpeg.fd99649590a4f88df7a7604b7501fd3a.jpeg

Four K Horns for $6,000 dollars sounds like a bargain to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, teaman said:

Good chance she lied to you about selling them for $1000.

They are once again listed under her name withe the $5000 price tag still attached. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/466785990400941

Sorry for any confusion. I misunderstood Escher’s question.  I thought he was referring to the pristine La Scalas in Milford, referenced above, which sold for $1,000.  I know nothing of the status of the subject Khorns.

• Like 1