1988 Klipschorns (signed set)

Kelly Laubon

Kelly, I'm sorry for the passing of your husband.  He had some nice speakers and they do have some value.  They are highly prized for their great look and sound.

I fully agree with you that some members have responded with skepticism to your ad.  As I said we have very knowledgeable people here who track Khorn prices, including me. 

Whoever advised you to list the Khorns here for $6000 and on other sites for $4500 gave you terrible advice.  I hope you can see how it must look, not very good.  I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to be honest in the hopes you can move the Khorns on to someone who loves them as much as your husband did and will cherish and take care of them.

We have had others post Klipsch speakers here for sale after the loss of a loved one and the wives and children who must now sell these items often don't know what they have or know how to go about selling such specialized speakers.  Letting go of some items your husband loved is like letting go of him which can be very difficult and painful.  Unless a person has gone through it none of us can truly understand what that must feel like.

If I can be of some further help to you in selling your speakers, let me know. 

-Dave

• Like 3

Thank you Dave...yes these were my husbands babys... I appreciate all you said and if you could help in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.   If I could keep them, I would.   I thought I had the receipt, but just the old instruction manual (which is very cool). Thanks again!!!

5 minutes ago, Kelly Laubon said:

and if you could help in any way, I would greatly appreciate it. 

I'm happy to help.

I will send you a Personal Message (PM).  You will see the notice in the top right hand of the screen.

Guest wdecho

Lot's of cantankerous old goats on this forum but they are really good people but can be harsh sometime. Your speakers are a very lovely pair of which I know your husband cherished. Good luck with your sale. 

Sometimes everyone here expects everyone else to be up on their "Klipsch"  game, yet they fail to realize that there are some owners and indirect owners that don't live and breathe the world of Klipsch on a daily basis, but still they enjoy the heck out of them.  Don't take too much stock in some of the straight forward remarks, although they come across as rude and insensitive, most of these guys would drop everything and come give you a hand with anything involving your speakers if they were locals.   Good luck with the sale as the pair is very nice and well matched veneer.   There was a reason PWK signed those K's and he didn't just hang around signing all the K-horns that made an exit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kelly Laubon said:

Thank you!!!

Kelly Laubon,

Sorry if I came across crass, maybe I'm getting to be a curmudgeon, but I stand by my estimates on value as accurate. The market does fluctuate from area to area though, Florida for example is a buyers market and Klipsch speakers can be found often, and cheap. I am from Ohio and have bought and sold multiple pairs of Klipschorns including two pair in Oak as your husbands are. They look very well taken care of. My last pair of Oiled Oaks were 1998 models and they also were flawless. Sorry for your personal loss and best of luck with getting a good price for them.

Roger

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kelly Laubon said:

Thank you!!!

My apologies Kelly, obviously you are going through a very tough time right now. My condolences on your loss.

There was only one thing that rubbed me the wrong way about your ad, you have had the KHorns listed for days on Facebook at a certain price...then your ad is dropped here for $1500 more than you are asking elsewhere?...

Your husband's speakers are gorgeous and the fact Paul personally signed them is a plus, I just could not understand why your first approach to the Klipsch site would have been: 

"Hi guys, after a horrible loss I am forced into a position of selling some beautiful speakers. Unfortunately I have no idea of their value, but I cannot afford too give them away either. I have them listed elsewhere for $4500, does that seem like fair market value, or am I asking more or less than I should?"

I am sorry for the harsh words in my initial post, I just saw no reason to have such a huge gap in pricing between your FB ad and what you wanted here. Good luck with your sale

• Like 1

--- the irony of many comments is Forum Members don't seem to mind when a seller says "price for forum members" when it is several hundred Less than that would be listed on the audio sites.She worked in reverse thinking people here would pay more for a sig pair of KHorns. Its a free market, pricing is the sellers call, not ours. And I'd bet most people commenting Aren't buyers anyway. Jeez, leave her be and move on ----

• Like 2

Whatever happened to

If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all

Maybe look at post count before being a total d!ck, this place used to be so much more inviting. Agree that most of you had zero interest in buying anyway. And what does pricing somewhere else matter? PM your questions or butt out of for sale posts. Go to the lounge for stupid comments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Whatever happened to

Maybe look at post count before being a total d!ck, this place used to be so much more inviting. Agree that most of you had zero interest in buying anyway. And what does pricing somewhere else matter? PM your questions or butt out of for sale posts. Go to the lounge for stupid comments.

Oh my - whatever happened to "if you can't say something's nice don't say anything at all".

The interweb happened my friend, the interweb. That and the keyboard cowboys that roam the range. 

Whatever happened to

And get off my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

And what does pricing somewhere else matter? PM your questions or butt out of for sale posts.

This has been said a thousand times here, and apparently the same people can't comprehend the concept.

6 hours ago, Kelly Laubon said:

Thank you Dave...yes these were my husbands babys... I appreciate all you said and if you could help in any way, I would greatly appreciate it.   If I could keep them, I would.   I thought I had the receipt, but just the old instruction manual (which is very cool). Thanks again!!!

Where are you located?  Prices do vary by location.

• Like 1

At one time or another we've all said something we wish we could have said differently and I put myself at the top of that list.  At that point all we can say is "I'm sorry" and I've already seen the men I respect step up so I think we can hit the Reset button at this point and move forward.  I think this group has a lot to offer to help Kelly move her Khorns in a timely manner.

I've already seen a lot of helpful comments and suggestions of fair market price have been right on the money IMO.  The location where the speakers are, condition of the speakers are all relevant to helping her value what she has and be able to move the speakers to another loving home.

• Like 2