Rsb-14 cuts out

Jmlucky

Hi.  My rsb-14 cuts out intermittently.  It stays off until I unplug power and then reinsert power.   It is connected with a digital optical cable directly to my Sony TV.   It is warm to the touch but I assume that is normal.

Tonight I am testing an HDMI cable to rule out the cable.

any suggestions??

Edited by Jmlucky

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. 

I got excatly the same issue. It looks as soundbar is overheated, because issue is happening faster when temperature in room is higher. Sometimes before it stopped to play it I heard strange sound. It doesn’t matter what is the source: HDMI, optical or BT. Every connection is finished the same. After restart sometimes it plays 10 minutes, sometimes 1 hour. It started few months after I bought it in Dubai, UAE. I tried to complain my device to local dealer, they checked it, confirmed the issue but since few months they didn’t proposed to me any clear solution. First, they claimed they’ll repair it. Then, they promised to replace the unit, but were lying about delayed delivery and customs issues.  Now, after very unkind talk when I told them that I’ll report it directly to Klipsch in US, they again promised to solve it. But days and weeks passing by and nothing’s happening. I’ll try again this week but slowly I’m loosing hope it will be possible to solve...

• 2 years later...

I got the same problem here. I live in Brazil and bought my Sound Bar in 2017. It´s being a while that I´ve got this problem and as ipsz said it seems to be overheating. I am having a hard time to find technical assistance in my Country, even a harder time to find some to provide the parts. One place told that the problem was in the main board. I am trying to fix this problem to properly use my Sound Bar I truly hope that I don´t have to buy another and sell my Klipsch for parts...