WTB 8 channel multi room amp

dtr20

I am looking for an 8 channel amp. It needs to be able to handle a 4 ohm load on 2 of the channels while the other channels have 8 ohm loads.

I picked up a phase landmark 8 channel amp and it seems to work, but it makes a clicking sound inside the chassis. I'm not sure if this is because this amp is supposed to be used and networked with the rest of their gear. So I got refunded on this amp. If anyone has an 8 channel option, let me know. Thanks

I should have mentioned that this will be going in my garage which is prone to a lot of saw dust. I'm looking for something used and cheaper. $500 is decent for an 8 channel amp, but I can't justify putting that in my garage.

1 minute ago, dtr20 said:

I should have mentioned that this will be going in my garage which is prone to a lot of saw dust. I'm looking for something used and cheaper. $500 is decent for an 8 channel amp, but I can't justify putting that in my garage.

Wattage?

Another option. I almost bought one of these for my garage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Earthquake-sound-Cinenova-16-rack-mount-amplifier-16-channel/112995943640?hash=item1a4f1544d8:g:zK0AAOSw3HZa9g-E

Sherbourn also makes these distribution amps that can offer up to 224 channels or twelve channels in bridged mode....here is one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sherbourn-LDS-12-900-Amplifier-12CH-900W-No-Reserve/323254946580?hash=item4b437f0b14:g:W3gAAOSw2VFa-HMj

18 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Any experience with the Creston system? Is it a pain to get up and running since I would presumably only be using the processor thing? 

The processor is 12-channel.  It is likely easiest to run from there.

The AAE (audio extenders add channels).

I have only of these systems that I got in a package deal:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/d/crestron-adagio-v-system-with/6589432807.html

I haven't played with it, since I don't want to wire the whole house and need to recoup some money. 

The AES was $15K when it came out.  Manually from the front of the AES should work fine or with a remote or control panel.

This is a pretty cheap price.

That would almost work, but when I play my backyard speakers, I need to have both pairs on at the same time. 1 pair is 4 ohms and the other pair is 8 ohms

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

That would almost work, but when I play my backyard speakers, I need to have both pairs on at the same time. 1 pair is 4 ohms and the other pair is 8 ohms

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m kind of in the same boat as you. Trying to find the best way to implement 3-4 zones that can be played at the same time or to be able to turn off unused zones for an outdoor venue/beach dock type of area. I’ll be using a couple pairs of the indoor/outdoor ca-800t’s outside on the dock, a pair of ki-172’s in the cabana, and a pair of rock speakers by the beach area. Interested to see what you come up with for your setup. 

10 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

OPUS set me up with 2 different sellers, I ended up with 2 of the ZS5300s. I think I paid around 225 for each one of them with remotes and in pristine condition. They do a nice job, they are like having 3 MA-500s or 700s in a single unit.

Mark