Information on EV components

WMcD

Here is a brochure from Electro-Voice regarding their Building Block system.  They give information on recommended box sizes and vents.  These, it says, were based on T-S criteria though no information on T-S parameters or alignments is given.

You'll note that EV is putting the mid and hf horns in a vertical orientation. 

The T-35A is power rated at 5 watts continuous. 

I'll add other EV info here as time allows.

How_to_Build_an_EV_Component_Speaker_System.pdf

• Like 1

This is the first I realized that University was part of EV.  All those years reading Allied Radio catalogs and I never knew.  I did know that — you should pardon the expression, MSU ‘71 — “Wolverine” was an EV trademark.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

This is the first I realized that University was part of EV.  All those years reading Allied Radio catalogs and I never knew.  I did know that — you should pardon the expression, MSU ‘71 — “Wolverine” was an EV trademark.

The article in the link shows that Mark IV acquired many audio companies including EV and University Sound.  Now it seems Bosch owns a similar collection. 

http://proaudioencyclopedia.com/a-historical-look-at-electro-voice/

My understanding, too, is that the companies were separate for decades before.  I have no idea why management would take products originated by EV and sell them as University. 

WMcD

• Like 1