Help about 7.1.4 speaker placement

Spirit_Rises

IMG_20180519_232627.jpg%22%20alt=%22IMG_

HIMG_20180519_232738_crop_536x872.jpg

Hi guys

I just build the 7.1.2 atmos speaker setup and i loved it.My avr is Denon x4400h and my old avr is pioneer vsx-921 K.

I decided to use it as a power amp to power the other 2 speakers up for the atmos setup of 7.1.4.

At this point can you please check my room out if it is okay for the 4 ceiling speakers for atmos.According to the couch placement, i thought the space between the coach and last line of the ceiling for the rear ceiling speakers is enough, what do you think?

IMG_20180519_234823.jpg

56 minutes ago, Spirit_Rises said:

.My avr is Denon x4400h and my old avr is pioneer vsx-921 K.

I decided to use it as a power amp to power the other 2 speakers up for the atmos setup of 7.1.4.

Hi SR, I don't know anything about Atmos so I'll pass that along to someone smarter than me.  I do have a question about the amps. 

Do you have the 7.2.4 setup active?  I know the 4400 will process 11 channels, but how do you get to the Pio's power amps to power the last two speakers?

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Hi SR, I don't know anything about Atmos so I'll pass that along to someone smarter than me.  I do have a question about the amps. 

Do you have the 7.2.4 setup active?  I know the 4400 will process 11 channels, but how do you get to the Pio's power amps to power the last two speakers?

Dear wvu80

I connected a rca cable from denon's height 2 pre out to pioneer's any available inputs like DVD /CD/DVR etc..

White and red rca cable for left and right speakers.Then i choose the dvd in from pioneer and i could able to get sound from the last 2 channels.

By the way from the amp assign menu on the Denon i choose the 11.1 channel.