Black Klipsch La Scalas in Texas

DanSoloRocker

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

That’s about right, eh Dave @wvu80?

Yeah Neil, about right if you are a Buyer, especially if you are from Texas where the going rate is retail plus 20%!  :lol:

I wasn't sure how to evaluate the cabs so I put them in Condition C, average.  LS is Condition C, D, F average $941.  If you think those cabs are in good shape the average price goes to $1262.  And the XO is the AL-3, a very desirable version and probably from the 1990's or better.

Those sold in less than 24 hours.  Someone got a Youthman deal.  :cool:

1 hour ago, Jelder said:

Too funny... I bought them haha! Finally found a decent deal down here and had to jump. One of the woofers sounds funny though. Not clean and snappy, a little distorted sounding. Any idea what it could be? 

Voice coil?  You could swap the crossovers to make sure that isn't the problem. 

For that price it is OK to put a little money in them.  Great buy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jelder said:

Too funny... I bought them haha! Finally found a decent deal down here and had to jump. One of the woofers sounds funny though. Not clean and snappy, a little distorted sounding. Any idea what it could be? 

Great job of jumping on those!  I'm really glad to see a forum member got them.

Even if you have to replace a woofer you are way ahead of the game.  There are several people on the forum who have refurbed the LS but you really got a nice sounding XO.  And if you should want to upgrade or update them, Crites has something for you.

I don't know much about the LS woofs except if you need a replacement you can find them used, and PE has woofers that will replace the stockers.  Someone please double check me on this, it's either for the LS or the Khorn, but I think it's the LS.

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-kappa-15c-15-driver-4-ohm--290-459

4 hours ago, Jelder said:

If you’re, lucky it’s just loose screws.  If not, contact Bob Crites for a replacement.

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Even if you have to replace a woofer you are way ahead of the game.  There are several people on the forum who have refurbed the LS but you really got a nice sounding XO.  And if you should want to upgrade or update them, Crites has something for you.

Got them home, hooked them up to my

own amp and the bass horn sound fine now. Upon further inspection I found a tweeter was replaced with a cheep $20 one from eBay that doesn’t fit properly. Guess I’ll give Bob a call for a new one. 

Totally different sound than my fortes, glad I bought them. Going to rotate them every month or so. Overall extremely happy with the purchase and price. Incredible how efficient they are, can’t even go past 12 o’clock on a 10w amp. 

44 minutes ago, Jelder said:

Upon further inspection I found a tweeter was replaced with a cheep $20 one from eBay that doesn’t fit properly. Guess I’ll give Bob a call for a new one. 

The EV T-35 is the same as the K-77.  I tend to think of them being sold on the used market for $125 pr + shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electro-Voice-T35-EV-T-35-K-77-Tweeter-Horn/192494433802?hash=item2cd18ff60a:g:rq8AAOSw87Rauzjw

You can contact Bob and I know he has non-Klipsch replacement tweeters CT-120 and CT-125. 

https://critesspeakers.com/prices-other_stuff.html

He also has replacement diaphragms for the K-77.

https://critesspeakers.com/klipsch_tweeters.html

You might put out a Want To Buy here on the Klipsch forum.  A lot of people have bought Bob's replacement tweeters and have K-77's sitting on the shelf.