10 acoustical 

1 pair = 9 cosmetically 

1 pair = 8 cosmetically 

will send pics if interested.

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by Billmack2020
Needed to add something

I have the RC-64 and love it paired with the RF-83's. FYI the RF-7 II's were the next generation of Reference speakers after the RF-83's.  I like the quality of the sound and I like the magnetic grills.  The cones are more bronze, darker looking.  They have a 1.25" voice coil.

The RC-64 II has the plastic pin type connector for the grills.  The cones are lighter in color, more copper looking like the Klipsch speakers we are used to seeing.  The most important difference IMO is the II has a 1.75" voice coil. 

I've heard both not not enough to detail the sonic differences.  @Youthman has more experience with both.

+++

I also have the RS-62's.  They are very neutral sounding and can sound big with a good AVR.  The magnetic grill for these is a V shape with the point to the front, while the RS-62 II has a rounded grill.  Again I have heard both but I couldn't tell you the difference in sound.  I think Youthman told me they were very similar in sound.

If you end up with the version I of those speakers or the II I think you will like the sound either way.

GLWYS

@wvu80

I have 

RF-82’s..... Front

RC-62 X 2... Ctr and Ctr Ht

RS-62II’s.... Rear surr

RS-52’s...... Front Ht

RS-42’s X 2.... One pair.... Rear Ht

RS-35’s...... Middle ... Ht.

Pushed by a Marantz SR7009.

i want to sell both sets of 42’s and 1 RC-62 and replace the center channel with either a RC-64

or the RC-64II.

Im only using one pair of the RS-42’s

and want to replace them with RC-62 or 62II’s

you said you have heard both RC-64 and 64II. ??

4 hours ago, Billmack2020 said:

Im only using one pair of the RS-42’s

and want to replace them with RC-62 or 62II’s

you said you have heard both RC-64 and 64II. ??

Yes.  I own the 64 and I've heard the 64 II.  Without an A/B side-by-side listening I couldn't tell you by memory which was better.  In theory the 64-II has that larger 1.75" compression driver and that should give you a larger, more effortless sound.

In real life I play my 64 pretty loud at times and it sounds great at all SPL's.

@Youthman has owned both and listened to the I, II and I believe he is reviewing the III right now.

• 2 weeks later...