subwoofer cabinet / box design ?

joessportster

9 hours ago, joessportster said:

Thanks for those I did see them, I am not sure about the size it was my best guess, on the drivers uses sheet they mention a 30 liter cabinet which is actually closer to 1 cubic foot. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the proper size with measurements  the DIY site you mention is out of stock on every sub pack

What measurements are you looking for exactly?  If you mean the box (not the sub driver) you can contact Erich through the web site and he can help you.

Unless you have a better idea I would suggest you go with the 1.5 cuft box because it was designed for a 12" sub driver.  Put 1.5 pounds of polyfil in it and you should have a fantastic DIY sub for a fraction of the cost of a commercial box. 

Remember the sealed subs need boosted 6 db at 25 Hz.  Most plate amps can be ordered with or without bass boost.  FYI I have the Yung SD500 w/bass boost and it has a low pass cut off at 20 Hz.

https://www.parts-express.com/yung-sd500-6-500w-class-d-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-module-with-6-db-at-25-hz--301-514

This cabinet gives you a net internal volume around 1.5cuft after subtracting the woofer and braces. It was originally designed for the Dayton Audio RS-12 subwoofer, but will work for other models that are the same diameter.

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/flat-pack-cabinets/subwoofer-flat-packs/sealed-subwoofer-flat-packs/denovo-1-5cuft-sub-flatpack.html

You also might send Erich a note you are looking for that particular flat pack and he will help you.  I ordered the last 3 cuft flat pack and I needed two.  I sent him a note and a couple days after he shipped the first one, he shipped the second one.

He also supplies the flat packs to PE (where they are in stock) so I'm guessing he reserved one for me.  Either way I'm a happy and satisfied customer.

https://www.parts-express.com/denovo-audio-knock-down-mdf-20-cu-ft-subwoofer-cabinet-for-dayton-audio-12-ultimax-subwoo--300-7081

I called Parts express this morning they said the driver calls for the .75 cubic foot box, I went with the 1 cubic foot box flat pack Figuring the driver and bracing would take up some space, If the sub sounds like it may need some tweaking I thought it would be easy as it is a diy. as far as getting down at 25Hz and needing boost I am not to concerned these will be for music only and I dont find much information in that range, I am looking to fill in the hole where the speakers roll off around 60 down to 30.  I will be playing around a bit :)