Mint Chorus II's in DC area

kvndoom

His asking price of $1200 is Ebay fantasy land.  The average price used is $674 and the highest known selling price was some NEW old stock Ch2's sold on Ebay Nov 2016 from Wisconsin for $1221.  $1200 is well into La Scala territory.

He says in the ad " Upgraded with Bob Crites Titanium tweeters ..."  I thought Crites offered diaphragms, not whole tweeters for the Ch2.  Could somebody clarify?

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

His asking price of $1200 is Ebay fantasy land.  The average price used is $674 and the highest known selling price was some NEW old stock Ch2's sold on Ebay Nov 2016 from Wisconsin for $1221.  $1200 is well into La Scala territory.

He says in the ad " Upgraded with Bob Crites Titanium tweeters ..."  I thought Crites offered diaphragms, not whole tweeters for the Ch2.  Could somebody clarify?

$1200 is a bit high, but it depends where you're located. I sold a pair for $800 and they are routinely selling for around $1,000 in the CT area.

1 hour ago, Grizzog said:

$1200 is a bit high, but it depends where you're located. I sold a pair for $800 and they are routinely selling for around $1,000 in the CT area.

Everything you said I agree with.  Some places like Texas and the CT area do tend to be higher than other areas of the country.  There seems to be good deals to be found in Chicagoland, Florida and the Salt Lake City area.

I also agree with your price range, $800 to $1000 is high but not crazy high.  The Seller is asking 20% above the highest price you referenced.

What tends to put Klipsch speakers into categories is the Ch2's tend to occupy $650-$800 on the high side.  On the low side that's where Cornwalls and LS take over, the Cornies $800-1000, the LS from about $900 to $1500.  If a person is going to spend $1200 you can find La Scalas in good shape for that much money.

Speaking in general, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Cool. Thanks for that. I should be more specific then. Chorus II in oiled walnut within 900 miles of wisconsin, in great shape, needing no repairs, for $674 or less.

I was kidding. Just happened to come across a pair for that exact price. What area are you in? If I find an actual good deal I’ll send a PM. I’m always looking