Has anyone used DAYTON CROSSOVERS in their KLIPSCH SPEAKERS? OPINIONS???

I did see them this evening.....Klf 20's caught my eye......They are about $100.00 over my limit.......Don't need Chorus II's ....got enough of those.

I wonder if the 20's are like a 3 way KG 5.5....Just thinking.....

George

6 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I'm not sure of the "Dayton" statement.  Maybe they just meant Dayton caps.

The ad says Dayton crossovers and the original working crossovers will be included.  Sounds like 2 sets to me?

At one point I recapped an old pair of Lascala AAs with those 1% Dayton film caps that cost like $3.00 a piece.  Dang........they actually sounded pretty darn good.  I enjoyed those for awhile until I made an additional change that eventually removed them.

I also put them in a friend's Cornwalls and also his lascalas.  He likes them as well and continues to use them.

Honestly, 6 or 7 years ago I would never have considered components like this.  Caps seemed to have come a long way in a few years.

45 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

At one point I recapped an old pair of Lascala AAs with those 1% Dayton film caps that cost like $3.00 a piece.  Dang........they actually sounded pretty darn good.  I enjoyed those for awhile until I made an additional change that eventually removed them.

I also put them in a friend's Cornwalls and also his lascalas.  He likes them as well and continues to use them.

Honestly, 6 or 7 years ago I would never have considered components like this.  Caps seemed to have come a long way in a few years.

I have Dayton 1% Caps in my HIP and it sounds good to me. Honestly if you really AB tested them against Sonicaps I dont think you could tell a difference.

17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The ad says Dayton crossovers and the original working crossovers will be included.  Sounds like 2 sets to me?

Who knows.  Without compensation, the typical Dayton crossover would likely sound pretty bad.  If they used a canned crossover, they likely did nothing about balancing the mid horn to the woofer hence why I said maybe just caps.  If they really are Dayton crossovers they will probably clear the wax out of your ears. :blink2: