MEH Synergy

Located in Lakewood, Southern California 90713 

Up for sale I have a pair of Legacy Audio Focus Speakers Cherry in Excellent Condition. If you have never heard legacy speakers before, they will blow your mind. There are an EXTREME bargain in the hifi world today in my opinion. Unfortunately, they are too large for my current living situation says they wife and as such, they are offered for sale. All drivers are perfect and have zero issues. Grilles are included and are in excellent condition as well.

Specifications
System Type: 7 driver, 4 way.
Tweeter: 4" Ribbon.
Midrange: 1.25" soft textile dome.
Midwoofer: (2) 7" Kevlar®.
Subwoofer: (3) 12" Polypropelene.
Low Frequency Alignment: B6 Assisted.
Sensitivity: 98 dB @ 2.83 V/1m.
Frequency response: 16 Hz - 30 kHz +/- 2 dB.
Crossover frequency (Hz): 180, 2.2k, 12k.
Recommended Amplification: 10 - 400 watts/channel.
Impedance: 4 ohms.
Dimensions: 55" H x 15"W x 13" D
Weight: 175 lbs.

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (10).jpg

thumbnail (11).jpg

thumbnail (12).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

Oh goodness... those speakers were my Playboy centerfolds as a young man in the 90's!  I remember my poor self trying so hard to set aside money so that one day I could drive to Illinois and buy a pair right from the factory in person.

Never happened... life kept getting in the way.  Anyways, best of luck!  Anyone who knows what those beasts are will jump on them quick.

Just use USHIP.  I got them from out of state straight to my door for a ridiculously low price.  The speakers were wrapped in blankets and shrink wrapped over that.  They are square speakers.  They will be fine.  I have also received khorns, and magnepans before using uship, never with an issue.  Feel free to call me to discuss. 

On 5/23/2018 at 11:30 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

Unfortunately, they are too large for my current living situation says the wife and as such, they are offered for sale.

I feel your pain.  That is why I am now Khorn-less.  :(

Those look like fantastic speakers.  GLWYS

I wouldn't mind a pair of Forte iii myself..... I hear really good things about them and loved my fortes in the past.... 

I had a pair of khorns myself that I loved, but didn't have close to the right room for them.  My room is open concept to kitchen but 12 X 15 X 9 excluding the open concept portion.  

I'm glad my wife doesn't dictate what size speakers go in our house.  lol  She knows that music is my only real vice and, compared to her ex husband, I'm a saint.  But I don't take advantage of it either with putting big a$$ ugly speakers in our living room...they have to look, and sound, good.  Fortunately, since we're building a new house, I will have a finished out 16 x 36 (roughly...depends on how you look at it) room for my gear, records, CD's, etc., that I can design how I want it to look and function.  

But she still wants me to have speakers in the living room of some sort so we have tunes.  So I'll accommodate gladly.  lol  Bookshelf speakers most likely.

Those are great looking speakers, btw, and good luck with your sale.  I've been keeping my eyes open for a pair of reasonable sized and priced VMPS ribbon monitor speakers to come up for sale but no real luck yet.  Love that ribbon sound when done right.

Ribbons are my second favorite or arguably tied with horns done right for me.  She doesn't necessarily dictate what speakers go in the living room.  In this case, I agree with her, they are simply too large for that room.  I wish I had the luxury of building a proper music room.  Alas.... I live in CA.  Good luck with that here haha.  

That comment wasn't necessarily aimed at you; I should have made that more clear.  Kind of a generalization of what some others said earlier.  haha  I am thankful to have one that doesn't gripe about that.  But I made it clear up front of what my hobby was, my love of music, my guitars, having played in a band, all my records, cd's, etc...and I told her to be thankful that I don't do drugs, not an alcoholic (like her ex) I have a real job with retirement (unlike her ex), and on and on.  She agreed.  ha

Yeah, we watch shows on HGTV, DIY, and other channels with house redo's and what people get for their money in other states.  It's amazing what houses cost for their size in CA and in other populated large cities in the U.S.  We're building a quite large, for our standards, house  that's a tad over 3,000 square feet for around $100 to $110 a square foot.  My friend who is our builder will get us to the "dry" level where the outside is done, HVAC is in, sheetrock is on and textured, and then we will go in and do all the painting, install cabinets, lay all floors, install fixtures, etc., etc., which will give us a good chunk of sweat equity and save quite a bit of money.  Plus we get to use his builders account at the builders supply and appliance place if needed to get our stuff.  Definitely a big help.  We're hoping we come in a little under a $100 a square foot when it's done.

I could buy Forte 3's for employee purchase price from a half dozen dealers I know over a 4 state area but I would still rather have a set of ribbon speakers like the VMPS for secondary, or even primary speakers, as I love their sound...when done right.  I've got my homemade Belle's so I'm good on the horn side.

And I'm really looking forward to that upstairs room.  haha.  It's funny...net size of the new garage is only 100 square feet less than the rent house we're living in right now.  :D