Super Heresy for surround backs

AHall

I have a pair of heresy 1’s I am going to redo the cabs and recap. One needs a new 12” driver. I was wondering if it’d be worth it to convert to super heresy while I’m redoing them. They will be used on their side on a shelf in the back of the room. I was wondering for this application if it would be more impactful in HT to have some extra bass back there. Or if the port could be moved to the front.

Surrounds are cornwall 1’s that may eventually be converted into cornscalas or receive a 510/k691. 

Mains are jubes. 

Center will be a belle LF with 510 top end. 

Very nice setup!!

Don't think there is a need for some extra bass in the back of the room. Do you plan to add subs?

I was planning to have Heresy's all the way, when I build my HT last year. Finally I choose for some LaScala 1 as main and a Cornwall 1 as centre speaker.

The only place, I kept my Heresy 1 was in the back. The room was simple too small to have also Heresy 1's as surround.

For extra bass, there are 4 KW-120's.

That's how it looks like...

IMG_0023.jpg

10.jpg

1_small.jpg

2_small.jpg

3a.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jan.2000 said:

Very nice setup!!

Don't think there is a need for some extra bass in the back of the room. Do you plan to add subs?

I was planning to have Heresy's all the way, when I build my HT last year. Finally I choose for some LaScala 1 as main and a Cornwall 1 as centre speaker.

The only place, I kept my Heresy 1 was in the back. The room was simple too small to have also Heresy 1's as surround.

For extra bass, there are 4 KW-120's.

That's how it looks like...

IMG_0023.jpg

10.jpg

1_small.jpg

2_small.jpg

3a.jpg

I have a kpt-1802-hls up front. I’ll likely build a tuba htlp for the rear of the room to balance the room modes out. 

I was just thinking since im building new boxes and crossovers anyway, that would be the time to pick the different drivers and crossover design.  

On 5/24/2018 at 6:06 AM, Jan.2000 said:

That sounds pretty awesome.

You definitely don't need extra bass in the back.:biggrin2:

Care to elaborate a little more on your room treatment? I’m trying to figure out some diffusers that aren’t horrible. 

Well in principle it's a room in room construction in the basement of my house (approx 13' x 29' x 9.5').

Regarding diffusers, the ceiling is skyline diffuser (Sonitus Bigfuser), while flutterfree diffusers (EQ Acoustics QR Dif­fuser ) are used on the wall.

Some more details of my home theater build ... Heritage District