Scaling Back

YK Thom

Sounds like a butt kicking system you have. If we were in a house with a basement rec room I wouldn’t even be considering scaling back. In our living environment, we have had our space dominated by HT for 17 years. Now that we use it so much less it is coming down to a lifestyle cost benefit decision. Going to 3.1 would allow many different room configurations for example. Times and tastes change I suppose.

• Like 1

• Moderators

99% 2 Ch during the day and until someone wants to watch Tv at night, then it 6.1, mostly because I got the speakers in pairs. (Forte' lll and ll's) It was either use the last speaker or store it. For some reason we rarely watch movies, I have to say it does sound good.

I keep the sub on for both 2 Ch and Tv because it is set to not overpower just fill in the bottom, and I must say there is some serious bass in some Tv shows and surprisingly in commercials. You can definitely tell when companies making commercials and Tv shows pay attention to the quality of sound, it's very obvious.

We use the Ht speakers for Tv because the TV is mounted on the wall about a foot away slightly tilted down, the Tv speakers are terrible and fire towards the back wall in a bose fashion, you hear what sound is bounced off the back wall.

• Like 1