Integra DTR 50.4

Dave A

OK  design a 3D part on the PC no problem. Write a machining program and feed it to the cnc mill no problem. Don't ask me to set up your cell phone or TV remote or AVR. Setting up this receiver baffles the heck out of me and I have spent hours getting no where. Cant get the HDMI to be recognized by the AVR even though it knows it's there. One of the reasons I bought this was to use the HDMI port off the back of my Quadro M4000 graphics card for sound and it worked with an HDMI audio extractor but cant get it set up with the Integra. New to me refurb unit so I highly doubt the dreaded HDMI burn up problem is my problem. I have looked for set up videos and a good interpretation of the factory manual that is comprehensible to my mindset. Cant get the speakers set up for two channel and a sub as the center channel. Who has one of these and knows what to do?

I have but no communication. It sees the connection but no data gets through. All ports are set up as they are labeled on the back panel. It may be an issue with the graphics card to but I have not found the answer yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the content you're outputting to the receiver have hdcp 2.2 protection? I have this receiver and can't run my TiVo through it to my 4k TV because of this issue. I have to run a separate HDMI cable directly to my TV for video and output the audio directly to the receiver over optical for audio.

It's an old receiver that cannot be updated to handle hdcp 2.2 because it's a hardware and not software issue. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the best I've been able to figure out. I think I confirmed the hdcp issue with Onkyo/Integra support at some point.