RPW-10 Subwoofer stopped working after being unplugged

jdcma

Hi - I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, but here goes....

Last week, I unplugged my RPW-10 subwoofer because I bought a new stereo/TV stand.  When I plugged it back in and connected it to my receiver, it didn't work.  I can't figure out why.  The RCA cable is plugged into "Subwoofer" on the receiver and the other end is plugged into Left/LFE on the subwoofer.  Phase is set to "0", Power is on Auto (also tried "on")   The power light is on, of course.    I don't get it.  Could I have blown the fuse?  If so, how can I replace it?  Thank you in advance!

@jdcma,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you are having this trouble.  If it still powers on then most likely it is not a blown fuse.

What AVR do you have?  Does it have a Zone 2 subwoofer preout?  If so, is it connected there?  If so, that is your problem.

Just throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks.

Bill

If the subwoofer has speaker level inputs, try connecting them using the wires from you regular speakers.

If you get activity from the subwoofer, then the subwoofer is likely fine and it's possible a setting changed in your receiver/amp.

Did you unplug the receiver/amp during the move over? Maybe the equipment didn't retain its settings even though I expect it should.

If you have tape recorder outputs or preamp outputs on your receiver/amp, try connecting those to your sub's inputs to see if the sub starts working. I'm trying to prove that there's actually a signal coming out of the receiver.