KP-480s For Sale

JohnA

These are great with the pro Heresy's; HIP's, KP-250's and what not really fill in the lower mid range but they do require quite a bit of power to keep from sounding floppy. Good luck with your sale! 

15 hours ago, scallywagger77 said:

John 

Would you recommend these for my basement?

Larry

LOL!  After some paint or refinishing, Sure!  I can't remember any nicks, but the paint is oxidized and rubbed.   They were designed to sit under La Scalas.  Perfect size.  Play deep enough for any music. 

I have a nibble off Craigslist, but you know how "the Check is in the mail" can be. 

15 hours ago, jjptkd said:

These are great with the pro Heresy's; HIP's, KP-250's and what not really fill in the lower mid range but they do require quite a bit of power to keep from sounding floppy. Good luck with your sale! 

Yes, I've used them with HIPs and the Peavey/Altec Frankensteins I built with an electronic crossover and a 300 watt Crown amp. 

Thanks John, maybe inside something else might be more pleasing to the eye.

I like the look of your setup, what subs are under your LS’s?  They don’t look as tall as the 480’s.  I’m kinda sold on what you suggested about another SVS.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:12 PM, scallywagger77 said:

Thanks John, maybe inside something else might be more pleasing to the eye.

I like the look of your setup, what subs are under your LS’s?  They don’t look as tall as the 480’s.  I’m kinda sold on what you suggested about another SVS.

They are VMPS New Larger Subwoofers with Megawoofers, in cherry. 

http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/subwoofers.htm

They measured -4 dB at 16 Hz in my old house.  Rumor says NASA used a pair with a pair of B&K Sonata M200s (my first sub amp, 200+ watts at 8 ohms, 385 at 4 ohms) for sonic boom simulations.  😆  Not available any more since Brian Cheney died young and unexpectedly.  😏

• 2 weeks later...