Line Magnetic 219-IA

SonicSeeker

Some different input tubes might help with recessed sound stage. Also you may want try reversing the speaker wires at the amplifier. Naturally both wires to keep in phase.

2 hours ago, wdecho said:

Some different input tubes might help with recessed sound stage. Also you may want try reversing the speaker wires at the amplifier. Naturally both wires to keep in phase.

I will give that a try, reversing phase.

I have tried Valvo and Tungsram inputs so far, Tele's will probably be next.

1 hour ago, SonicSeeker said:

Why did changing, reversing the speaker wires seem to help?

Are you saying it did help? To answer your question though it depends on whether the signal is being reversed inside the amplifier. Even if it is not it still can depend on whether the 2nd harmonic is a positive phase or negative phase signal when compared to the original signal. One way will recess the signal and the other will make the signal more forward sounding. I do not remember which does what without doing some searching.

Ok not sure why I did not consider this before, a little too much happening right now in life with moving and all I suppose.

So I decided to rewire my LaScalas, the drivers to the crossovers, with some really nice silver wire I had left over from a previous project.

I also have the closed back with the RCA terminals and a fused input on the positive side. Well long story short I ordered some new RCA terminals removed the old ones and by-passed the fuse altogether. The difference is remarkable. The issues I was experiencing with the sound being a little closed off and in the speakers is non existent now.  I am listening to Roxy Music Avalon, one of my go to albums when I change something and it sounds amazing , sounded good before the change but a little off, absolutely fantastic now. Money and time well spent. Now if I can just avoid being swept away by the ridiculous amount of rain we are getting right now here in the DFW area.

20180908_095534_resized.jpg