Summer Cleaning

The History Kid

I've been consolidating a lot of stuff, and redesigning all of the systems in the house, so there's a bunch of stuff on the chopping block that needs to be rehomed.  I'll get pictures later on this week of most things, some I'll need to dig out of storage so that might be next week.  All prices are modified for forum members.

A few days ago, I received the Heresy II that Diz was selling.  My plan was to cannibalize the insides and use them to finally finish the console stereo that I had been rebuilding a few years back.  I've since gotten the parts out, and now have the bare cabinets.  I don't know how to price cabinets exactly, so I'm going with my best guess estimate off of eBay and saying $60.  No shipping on those.  I also have the grilles for them - in black.  They're very nice, and I don't have a need for them.  Again, I'm estimating my price and going with $45 shipped.

There might be some other stuff that I'm forgetting, but that's what comes up in my mind right now.

Pics: I have close ups on the woofers and cabs, in addition to these.  Let me know - don't want to clog the thread up with a bunch of random pics.

Zip: 52806

DSC01488.JPG

22 hours ago, The History Kid said:

. . . A few days ago, I received the Heresy II that Diz was selling.  My plan was to cannibalize the insides and use them to finally finish the console stereo that I had been rebuilding a few years back.  I've since gotten the parts out, and now have the bare cabinets.  I don't know how to price cabinets exactly, so I'm going with my best guess estimate off of eBay and saying $60.  No shipping on those. . .

DSC01488.JPG

Those look familiar . . . sort of.   I’m curious to see how you incorporate the components into your mother’s console.  Did you play them before the dissection?

Those look familiar . . . sort of.   I’m curious to see how you incorporate the components into your mother’s console.  Did you play them before the dissection?
I will have full pics on this final leg of construction. They tested out very well when I received them. Put them through quite the paces, and they performed wonderfully.
  • Thanks 1

I plan on doing that.  I imagine they'll clean up nicely too.  I'm also debating on whether or not to refabric them.  I guess it'll just depend how nice they clean up.  I have a ton of left over grille cloth though, with nothing to use it on. lol

11 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Yup.  I guess nevermind on the Emotiva gear.  They both sold already.  Not even up 2 hours.  This 20% off sale helped out quite a bit.

I know it always makes me act when I've been sitting on the fence about something. Heck for $260 I almost bought that UPA-500 from you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teaman said:

I know it always makes me act when I've been sitting on the fence about something. Heck for $260 I almost bought that UPA-500 from you!

I'm gonna put the Yamaha on there, you could always buy that :P

• Haha 1