Klipsch Palladium P-39f - $7990 (Prospect Heights, IL)

opusk2k9

58 minutes ago, Schu said:

Nice... I want a pair of 39's for collectors sake... I don't want to pay $8000 for them.

Just super tweaked Cornwalls, in principle. But to the original owner, 20 Kilobuck down to 8 is a pretty big haircut!!

• Like 1

That's interesting because I've heard these and they sound NOTHING like Cornwalls. Associating the two would be pretty misleading.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

But to the original owner, 20 Kilobuck down to 8 is a pretty big haircut!!

I couldn't agree more... but it's always been "What the Market will bear". 

If you want $10k for your $20k p39's and one single person offers you $6800, that's it... they are worth $6800 on the open market. (at that point in time).

At that price, $6800, there are a lots of other high-end speaker choices open to a potential buyer... perhaps your $20k speakers are now worth $5000

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I couldn't agree more... but it's always been "What the Market will bear". 

If you want $10k for your $20k p39's and one single person offers you $6800, that's it... they are worth $6800 on the open market. (at that point in time).

At that price, $6800, there are a lots of other high-end speaker choices open to a potential buyer... perhaps your $20k speakers are now worth $5000

He is in a large market, Chicago.  If he has time to be patient, then he can likely get his asking price.

Is it unreasonable?  Probably not, fairly rare and highly regarded according to those that have heard them.

People never want to pay a lot unless they are rich, so they don't have to think about the price, or it is a status symbol.

As someone that has bought/sold a lot in this market, I try to price things fairly.  Sometimes, they sell in hours and sometimes they sit for a while.

If the price is higher than what you are willing to pay, then you are not a potential buyer and that is fine.  It only take one right buyer.  

• Like 3

Just speaking in general terms

You want to find how much something is worth, put it up for auction with no reserve. It's the clearest illustration of what a particular market, in this instance the secondary (used) market, will bear regardless of what it is you want to sell.

He might get $5000, he might get $15000... let the market decide.

Asking for a specific price isn't a good indication of value, or lack of value as it may be... and certainly isn't any indication of market valuation.

As a potential buyer, I think the sweet spot for these is $5000-$6,000 range... that makes them attractive in relation to what else is available at that same price point. Seeing as though they retailed for $20,000 probably means a margin of around 40%-60% meaning the cost to a dealer was probably $8,000-$12,000... 

Maybe I'll never own a pair, maybe I will... but I have seen nos dealer units listed for under $10,000pr.

I've heard them before and while I do prefer my La Scala's over them, I did like the sound... and having a pairr of 5' Klipsch flagship espresso speakers would just be to cool.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Schu said:

You want to find how much something is worth, put it up for auction with no reserve. It's the clearest illustration of what a particular market, in this instance the secondary (used) market, will bear regardless of what it is you want to sell.

You forgot one of the most important variables.....................TIME. Or, more specifically, TIMING. A potential higher price buyer may not be in the market at that moment, or may have already bought something else of equal PERCEIVED value elsewhere, last week, or yesterday at the higher asking price, had the seller listed sooner. Or perhaps, listed it 3 months from now.

39's or nottin... it's okay, I have other speakers on my mind.

a smokin deal would be the only way I would by a pair of 39's. Funny thing is the local authorized dealer here in vegas still has a pair of NOS espresso 39's for sale. Id love'em bad... but not for $9,000

• 1 month later...