Kg4 very musical vs 3.5 or 4.2

I have the kg4 and very happy but wanting to try something different within Klipsch.  The kg4's to me are very musical. 

Im not into chest pounding bass. Should I be possibly looking for the 3.5 or the 4.2 ?  I don't want a lateral move.

my kg4's have the Crites upgraded tweeters but NOT the crossover as yet. I have plenty of room for placement, my music room

is 18 X 23 foot with 10 foot high ceilings.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

dave

Once you move away from the kg line to the Heritage line your wonder , why did I not do this sooner. The kg line is ok, but you will love the fullness of any of the Heritage line
I’ve owned every kg out the and every heritage out and always go back the my Cornwall or H1or H2’s for the pure live and power of the sound. Hell I’ve had more the 6 different ones of the KTP and KI line and they sound great and better then the KG line
I feel that the KG line lag in the midrange so much that when I moved to the Heritage line that I started to fine things in my music that I never knew was there and felt like I had a hole new music Library and was a happy camper

If you want to stay with the kg lines, my favorite kg speakers were the kg5.2. These sounded very natural. They lacked deep bass, but you said you weren't concerned with that. I have kg3.5 and kg3.2, and they don't compare. The kg5.2 are the only speakers that I really miss and kinda regret selling. 

That being said, you can't go wrong with heritage. I recommend quartet, forte II, or chorus II speakers.

• Like 1

Your next step up from the kg4 is going to be a horn loaded 3-way Klipsch.
 I think that will give you something other than a "lateral" move. The kg3.5 has a ported bass; it won't sound as tight and musical as your kg4's. The kg4.2 isn't much different from the 4's you have now.

The only catch is, the kg4's play lower than something like the Heresy, so you may already be spoiled by the kg4 low end and may find the Heresy low end disappointing.

Used Quartets or Forte's would be ideal.

Either listen before you buy or at least be aware of the possibility.

Yes, I believe the Heritage line is your next stop unless you can find a used pair of Quartets or Forte's.

Let us know what you finally choose and whether they scratched your itch.

I appreciate all the information.  Here in Toledo and surrounding area it's just wait and see what comes up. My friend has the KLF 30's

which is quite a speaker. I should have bought his 20's when he moved up. Sooner or later it will happen. It would be nice to hear before buying plus I'm not a fan on having shipped unless they have original packing and carton. Thanks everyone for the input.

Dave