djk?

Chris A

I've managed to get in touch with a more distant relative of Dennis'  (wife is sister of Dennis' brother). He is going to find out what he can and get me the information.

I do know that Dennis worked for Rockwell-Collins in Iowa for a number of years after he was a Klipsch dealer. I'll post when I get the info.

Bruce

• Thanks 3

I still tear-up when see "R.I.P." next to "DJK"  - although I never got to meet him in person,  he was very kind and helpful on audio matters, witty,  and when my income suddenly went to zero without warning late last year,  offered me a place to stay if I got kicked all the way to the curb. (that would have been a burden and a half for anyone lol) 

• Like 2

I wish I had more news or better news, but all the distant relatives know are that Dennis' weight finally caught up with him. Very sad, indeed and a great loss to a bunch of forums.

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Amen to all the comments here. I just found out 2 days ago on another forum. He was one of the best. He could have been the guy to hand out Bullshit buttons after PWK passed. I hope they are now having some great conversations about horns up there!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get in touch with an employee at Rockwell-Collins in Cedar Rapids, IA, who knew Dennis. He was closer to another employee, now retired, and is getting in touch with him to see what he can find out. Dennis retired from there in the past year and a half. Dennis' father also had a long career as an EE at Rockwell-Collins.

Bruce

• Thanks 2

Man. This is terribly sad news. I was an engineer at Rockwell when Dennis was hired. I knew him from the Audio Room in the 1970s and ‘80s. He was very knowledgeable about everything he found interesting. Like anything from UZIs to fighter jets to Suzuki triples. And of course, anything audio related.  I was always in awe of his recall and his never ending quest to make good things great.  I don’t think I ever had a conversation on the phone with him that lasted less than two hours and didn’t cover at least thirty topics. He was a very generous man and a man capable of serious thought. 

I want to think he’s up in heaven tinkering on projects to his big heart’s content.

So long Dennis. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...