Looking for a K-48 or K-48-E Woofer

Reisman

I need one woofer for my Chorus I speakers, as the cone is torn. It is a pro grade speaker - 400 watt power, 4 ohms, and is 15" in diameter. I do not want a partial substitute - looking for the exact match - OEM speaker, please. I hope it is ok to post here for what I am seeking - really need this to work out well.  Thanks for your help  Mike Reisman - Cell (480) 694-4808 - reism@cox.net.

Klipsch Woofer Label.jpg

Woofer Tear 1.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Emile, but this is a K-48-KP - not an exact match. I had checked it out before. Might work, but I am trying and hoping to find the actual thing - exact match if I can, as there are variances between manufacturers. The one I want comes up from time to time (K-48), and I repaired mine with glue and it sounds great for now. That bought me time and so I can be selective to find the real OEM one.

By the way, since you are a forum veteran. I thought I had things set up to GET NOTIFIED by email, whenever there is a response to one of my posts, but it isn't happening. I can't seem to find the setting in my preferences to make this happen. Can you help me, as I am new to this particular forum? Please excuse the bother.

Thanks for your help. Regards, Mike

I have done that. They could be more helpful than they are. They just want you to buy what they have listed on a computer screen, which may work, but it is not the exact thing. Probably safer if I find the real replacement from a used one.  Thanks, Mike

If you havent located what you need yet, try calling simply speakers for a quote to recone your woofer.  They have the correct replacement cones at a very good price, that way you keep your correct speaker & will be much cheaper than buying a replacement.

I prefer not to recone. I know that can be done, but in my experience, this can be good and can be bad. It is who you get, their interpretation of the sound - lot of variables. I get that it is cheaper, but my preference is to stay authentic and match the fellow speaker. Since I repaired it, it sounds just fine, so I bought myself time and don't have to rush for a solution. Now if I can find the REAL OEM WOOFER, then I can get a perfect match. Again, I am not in a rush - just want to do it right.  Thanks so much for taking time to get back to me. Regards, Mike