Cheap DAC No analog out from the tv

BluBitRates

I just bought a samsung tv that does not have analog outputs.  I guess i am one of the few people who still enjoys a 2.0 system.  I have a cheap $15 dac that i am converting my optical output on the tv to analog but A/b ing it with my phone directly into my receiver it sounds okay but not amazing.   Pretty close to my phone but i think my phone has more clarity.  Anyone have experience with these cheap DACs or are they just subpar to an expensive one?

27 minutes ago, BluBitRates said:

I guess i am one of the few people who still enjoys a 2.0 system.

I am sure there is more on this site than you imagine, including me.

No experience with any $15.00 DACs but have read that these can hold their own pretty well for the $$$

http://hifiheaven.net/shop/Products/DACs-iPod-Docks-Digital-Audio-Players-USB-Converters/Audioengine-D1-Premium-24-bit-DAC-Display-Model?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

Audioengine D1 Premium 24-bit DAC (Display Model)Audioengine D1 Premium 24-bit DAC (Display Model)

Bill

I bought a FIIO D03K Digital to Analog converter to get my Hi-Sense DTV to play through my K-Horns.

https://www.amazon.com/D03K-Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter/dp/B009346RSS

I ran very ordinary RCA to RCA audio cables and plugged it into my NAD receiver. Sounds great.

Once or twice I have had to do a power reset (pull the power lead out, count to 10, plug it back in) but that's the only problem in a year of use.