Klipschorns

saintsfan2007

I don't think multiple owners or the veneer is at all a minus. The addition of the collar is actually a good thing as @PrestonTom noted. Assuming the veneer looks as good in person as the smallish pix I say that adds value. C style raw birch would not be my first choice, or second or third. IMO they would actually be worth less in as new condition. Not old enough to be historic where original might be valued over modified by some. They should sound amazing no matter how they are re-skinned.

9 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I have a minivan reserved from enterprise, so it looks like I'm heading to Asheville on Saturday. Shakey

Congrats!  🤸‍♀️  :emotion-19:  :emotion-21:

What's the rest of the story?  How far is your road trip?  Are you taking a forum buddy?

What room do these go into, what setup?

I'm looking forward to your opinion on the sound compared to the Forte III's.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Congrats!  🤸‍♀️  :emotion-19:  :emotion-21:

What's the rest of the story?  How far is your road trip?  Are you taking a forum buddy?

What room do these go into, what setup?

I'm looking forward to your opinion on the sound compared to the Forte III's.

I will be driving from Lynchburg Va. ~4-5 hrs one way. Below is a picture of the room they are going into. Comments welcome.

IMG_0388.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shakeydeal said:

I will be driving from Lynchburg Va. ~4-5 hrs one way. Below is a picture of the room they are going into.

Comments welcome. 

I'd go ahead and start a new thread somewhere other than the Garage Sale section, maybe the 2-channel forum.  I think a lot of people will have suggestions, although to my untrained eye your room and electronics look pretty good.

What is in the corners?  Are those bass traps?

I am usually a fan of "every system needs a sub" but you might want to listen to the Khorns first.  The bass they put out is substantial.  Before you swap out the XO components, again go ahead and listen to them for at least a month the way they are.  I bet they sound pretty dang good.

• Like 1

So @Shakeydeal is the deal done?  It occurred to me, adjusted for inflation, I paid more for a pair of Bose 901s in 1974.  This is a MUCH better audio value than 901s, which have probably had the foam surrounds rot away at least twice in the intervening decades.  I agree with Dave, @wvu80, please start a thread dedicated to this blessed event.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

So @Shakeydeal is the deal done?  It occurred to me, adjusted for inflation, I paid more for a pair of Bose 901s in 1974.  This is a MUCH better audio value than 901s, which have probably had the foam surrounds rot away at least twice in the intervening decades.  I agree with Dave, @wvu80, please start a thread dedicated to this blessed event.

I have a van and am pulling out early in the am. But I swear as I sit here and listen to my Forte IIIs, I am getting cold feet. These things push all my buttons. I hope I am doing the right thing........

3 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I have a van and am pulling out early in the am. But I swear as I sit here and listen to my Forte IIIs, I am getting cold feet. These things push all my buttons. I hope I am doing the right thing........

Take a deep breath.  If one clearly stands out over the other, that’s a good problem to have.  At worst, someone else will benefit from your excellent discard pile. You will have an opportunity and a story which others here can only dream about.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I agree...  and if you decide you don't like your crappy Forte's, I'll be happy to relieve you of them and will pay you a gracious $100 each (!!) for them!

(what are friends for?)

Your generosity is most admirable......😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

A lot of us wish we had your Forte III's. 

A lot of us wish we were driving early in the morning to pick up some Khorns as well.  B)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

But I swear as I sit here and listen to my Forte IIIs, I am getting cold feet. These things push all my buttons. I hope I am doing the right thing........

Let us know what you think.  I've A, B'd them in the same room and am curious to hear your comparison of the two.