Rare Emotiva Amps XPR Editions

utvolsfan

I am selling a few of my amps off. These are basically New that have been sitting for a Loooooooong time in hopes of a home theater room that was never built. I have unboxed and hooked them up just to test them to make sure everything was functioning as normal. I have an Emotiva XPR-5 thats 575 Watts per channel at 8 ohms all channels driven, and 1100 Watts at 4 Ohms all channels driven. I also have a XPR-1 thats 1000 watts at 8 ohms, and 1750 at 4 Ohms. And last but not least, an XPR-2 600 watts at 8, and 1100 if i'm correct at 4 ohms. Price is $1,600 for the 5, and $1,400 for the other 2. I am firm on prices and no trades, sorry. This is the only photos I took as the rest are back in the boxes. They look identical. I am not really looking to ship as these don't ship well. Please message me with any questions. Location is Nashville TN. Thanks

IMG_7439.JPG

I haven't tried the UPA Yet, or the Bass X amps, but I am actually impressed with my MC-700 Processor. I had a higher end Denon I was using and I can tell you its far superior movies and Music. It did however sound pretty bad before I set it up. But man what a difference after setting it up. I just went semi-cheap waiting for the RMC-1, as no point in buy the XMC now if I am going to get the even bigger one, haha. If u haven't tried the MC-700 you should, and I came from my Denons and $2,800 Integra and I would choose the MC over either every time.

43 minutes ago, utvolsfan said:

I haven't tried the UPA Yet, or the Bass X amps, but I am actually impressed with my MC-700 Processor. I had a higher end Denon I was using and I can tell you its far superior movies and Music. It did however sound pretty bad before I set it up. But man what a difference after setting it up. I just went semi-cheap waiting for the RMC-1, as no point in buy the XMC now if I am going to get the even bigger one, haha. If u haven't tried the MC-700 you should, and I came from my Denons and $2,800 Integra and I would choose the MC over either every time.

I have jus the opposite experience with the MC-700.  I regret this purchase.  I feel I'd have been better off and saving for a different unit.  There's a ton of issues with the program freezing, it drops HDMI communication when in standby even if you enable the feature, and then doesn't reauthenticate with devices causing video and audio loss. There's a reason it's $600.  If I could do it over again, I'd have stayed away from it.

UPA-x series amps are amazing.  The x00's are anemic.  I have a 500 right now, and I really want to swap it out with something else.  It just doesn't have the oomph that the UPA-2 that I have does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I have jus the opposite experience with the MC-700.  I regret this purchase.  I feel I'd have been better off and saving for a different unit.  There's a ton of issues with the program freezing, it drops HDMI communication when in standby even if you enable the feature, and then doesn't reauthenticate with devices causing video and audio loss. There's a reason it's $600.  If I could do it over again, I'd have stayed away from it.

UPA-x series amps are amazing.  The x00's are anemic.  I have a 500 right now, and I really want to swap it out with something else.  It just doesn't have the oomph that the UPA-2 that I have does.

I have none of those issues u speak of, sorry u are having bad luck with it. I can say I have NEVER had a great experience with most AV Receivers. Call their customer service, they are GREAT! 

1 minute ago, utvolsfan said:

I have none of those issues u speak of, sorry u are having bad luck with it. I can say I have NEVER had a great experience with most AV Receivers. Call their customer service, they are GREAT! 

Since it's second hand, there's not a lot they're going to do for me.  When Emotiva changed their warranty policy a few years back, a lot of the legacy support went with it.  They're nice and all, but almost always default to sending an item in.  Save for XPA and XPR products, the MC-700 is likely the last Emotiva product I will ever purchase.  I'll move onto Rotel, Outlaw, or Cambridge.

3 hours ago, utvolsfan said:

I own a UMC-200 now and other than a warranty repair for a couple of bad capacitors in the power supply, it has been rock solid.  Since I purchased it new I became a member of the "25% off upgrade for life" club so I'm strongly incentivized to stay in the Emotiva line for future processors, and the XMC-1 is likely my next upgrade.  Still kind of debating on the best path forward with that since I don't need 4K or Atmos and won't for a while.  This means that on the one hand I don't need the upgraded boards or the features of the upcoming Gen3, so I clearly can not choose the wine in front of me, but on the other hand buying a used Gen2 right before the Gen3 upgrade is likely to cause resale issues down the line, so I clearly can not choose the wine in front of you.

First world problems.  Meanwhile the UMC-200/UPA-7 combo is a nice little performer than came in for less than $1,200 all together and it just keeps on keeping on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Since it's second hand, there's not a lot they're going to do for me.  When Emotiva changed their warranty policy a few years back, a lot of the legacy support went with it.  They're nice and all, but almost always default to sending an item in.  Save for XPA and XPR products, the MC-700 is likely the last Emotiva product I will ever purchase.  I'll move onto Rotel, Outlaw, or Cambridge.

Well when u buy second hand that kinda comes with the territory. To many people ruin stuff sell it then try and claim warranty when they buy it cheap from someone. Not saying u did that by any means just saying it happens ALOT and that costs these companies lots of money and time, especially such a small one. The Bassx line was meant to be a much cheaper product, that was the whole purpose of it. Like I said mine sounds amazing. Rotel is not that great had a few of their products and Outlaw is the same thing as Emotivas higher series. Well good luck with whatever u do.

2 hours ago, Olorin said:

This means that on the one hand I don't need the upgraded boards or the features of the upcoming Gen3, so I clearly can not choose the wine in front of me, but on the other hand buying a used Gen2 right before the Gen3 upgrade is likely to cause resale issues down the line, so I clearly can not choose the wine in front of you.

As you wish. 

One of of the best movies ever. 

Well when u buy second hand that kinda comes with the territory. To many people ruin stuff sell it then try and claim warranty when they buy it cheap from someone. Not saying u did that by any means just saying it happens ALOT and that costs these companies lots of money and time, especially such a small one. The Bassx line was meant to be a much cheaper product, that was the whole purpose of it. Like I said mine sounds amazing. Rotel is not that great had a few of their products and Outlaw is the same thing as Emotivas higher series. Well good luck with whatever u do.

Didn't used to come with the territory with Emotiva. They used to just stand by their product, that's not the case anymore. I'm skeptical of about all of their products, especially since I had two Fusions and two ERCs go bad on me. Emotiva did nothing. I'm down to just their amps and the MC, and from what I've seen and heard it's not hard to find something better. I almost pulled the trigger on a DHC-80.3 for $600 to replace the MC-700, and if it had HDMI 2.0, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

Not sure what you're talking about with Rotel. They've been around much longer and have amazing reviews. Don't know where you get the thought on Outlaw either, but to each their own I guess.

Willland I didn't mean made by the same people, just sound wise everyone at the house not knowing which amp was hooked up couldn't tell difference was so ever. Anyway I need to get back to selling the amps, this convo has taken a turn lol. 

31 minutes ago, utvolsfan said:

Willland I didn't mean made by the same people, just sound wise everyone at the house not knowing which amp was hooked up couldn't tell difference was so ever. Anyway I need to get back to selling the amps, this convo has taken a turn lol. 

Gotcha.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

• Like 1

• 1 month later...