Chorus I’s vs Cornwall’s

Veaux

I have line on a pair of both, they are both completely original about the same price and whichever pair I get would probably get the full Crites treatment. What are your thoughts and past experiences with these two?

Stock for stock I would say they are very close and either would be a good choice but if you plan on doing some upgrades there are better options for the Cornwall that will put them above and beyond the Chorus. The A55-g mid driver and CT-120 tweeter from Crites is absolutely amazing and fit in the Cornwall. 

6 hours ago, willland said:

Not this debate again?:o:P

You can't go wrong with either choice.

Bill

Sorry!! Maybe I worded it incorrectly in my search but I only saw one other post and I was hoping for more information than that one post provided.

4 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Whichever fits your area better, is the better price, and in the best shape.  The Cornwalls will go a little deeper though at the expense of sounding a little flabbier unless you brace the cabinet better.

Have you done the cabinet bracing upgrade? 

6 hours ago, willland said:

Not this debate again?:o:P

5 minutes ago, Veaux said:

Sorry!! Maybe I worded it incorrectly in my search but I only saw one other post and I was hoping for more information than that one post provided.

I am sorry, I meant to reference this from Carl.

9 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Cornwall’s all the way.

I was having fun with him, not you.:D

Bill

8 hours ago, Veaux said:

Have you done the cabinet bracing upgrade? 

Older Cornwalls do not have bracing for the backs.  That is a minimum requirement.