Listened to Forte III's. Wow but got me thinking.

Courtesy of a Forum Member, I was fortunate enough to listen to Forte III's yesterday.  I really was impressed to say the least.  I currently listen to 77' Cornwalls which I love.  However the Forte III's seem to have something special about them in comparison.  When I returned home I listened to some of the same music and could immediately tell that I heard things on the Forte III's that I was not hearing on my Cornwalls.  The wife would much appreciate the footprint of the Forte III's over the current Cornwalls, but then it dawned on me that maybe I would like the Cornwall III's even more the the Fortes.  After all sound trumps everything else (to me-maybe not to the wife). If anyone has heard both Forte III's and Cornwall III's, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.  

• Like 1

Forte III's all day long.....Heard them both in Hope, and although the CW III's sound good, the F3's IMHO are superior.  Much nicer midrange, better balance, all around superb.

But.....I still liked the La Scala II's even better, but that's just me....

1 hour ago, dbomberger said:

Courtesy of a Forum Member, I was fortunate enough to listen to Forte III's yesterday.  I really was impressed to say the least.  I currently listen to 77' Cornwalls which I love.  However the Forte III's seem to have something special about them in comparison.  When I returned home I listened to some of the same music and could immediately tell that I heard things on the Forte III's that I was not hearing on my Cornwalls.  The wife would much appreciate the footprint of the Forte III's over the current Cornwalls, but then it dawned on me that maybe I would like the Cornwall III's even more the the Fortes.  After all sound trumps everything else (to me-maybe not to the wife). If anyone has heard both Forte III's and Cornwall III's, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.  

The original Forte was PWK's favorite speaker that wasn't a Klipschorn, of which, the Jubilee was the top. I had Forte and Forte II, and I like better than my cornwalls but not as much at the Chorus II. So I imagine the Forte III is super tweaked with all the latest research in addition to the, basically Heresy footprint. Can't go wrong with the Forte III.

• Like 1

Listened extensively to both, in the same room, on the same day.   To my ears, the Cornwall III’s sounded better.  Better resolution, greater dynamics,  greater bass extension,  and the added bonus of higher efficiency.  I also felt the Cornwall’s look better -  specifically, the way the grills are recessed rather than stick out -  but that is also quite subjective.

The Cornwall’s are also significantly more expensive so keep that in mind. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with either.

The forte iiis Are great speakers. If you are space constrained or budget constrained, they are probably the better choice.

The Cornwall III completely trumps the all Crites modded khorns that I had, same amp, same room.  But I know that the khorns didn't have the proper space they needed.  Dynamics, bass punch and extension l, imaging and uniformity of the sound out of these Cornwalls is damn impressive.  I really would like to hear the Forte III for comparison.   Loved my Forte I pair I had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbomberger said:

Thanks!  I have a special place in my heart for Chorus II's also. So until they make Chorus III's (and I'm not holding my breath)...

That will not happen. the Chorus was meant to replace the Cornwall, and the widespread protest brought the Cornwall back and killed the Chorus. BTW, we have to give credit to Gary Gillum for the passive radiator direction taken by Klipsch, starting with the KG line.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Forte III's all day long.....Heard them both in Hope, and although the CW III's sound good, the F3's IMHO are superior.  Much nicer midrange, better balance, all around superb.

But.....I still liked the La Scala II's even better, but that's just me....

Nah, it's not just you..........................it's just HORNS top to bottom!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Listened extensively to both, in the same room, on the same day.   To my ears, the Cornwall III’s sounded better.  Better resolution, greater dynamics,  greater bass extension,  and the added bonus of higher efficiency.  I also felt the Cornwall’s look better -  specifically, the way the grills are recessed rather than stick out -  but that is also quite subjective.

The Cornwall’s are also significantly more expensive so keep that in mind. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with either.

The forte iiis Are great speakers. If you are space constrained or budget constrained, they are probably the better choice.

Already have Cornwall's from '77-wife thinks we are space constrained and budget constrained-but the good news is that I don't.

• Like 1