The 15s?

MoJo63

40 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No confusion on my part.  I would never consider headphones or powered speakers Heritage.  There are many here who feel the same way.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Well it would be real interesting to hear what Klipsch has to say.  As I linked, the site they are under the Heritage line, are they vintage Heritage?  No, of course not!  But it seems to me Klipsch is wanting more than just the vintage Heritage, they want to move forward and not live in the past. 

They are listed under Heritage Wireless, which makes me wonder if they are trying to get a wireless Heritage line going.  Wireless is the future and they can either be the tip of the spear of fall behind in the field.

As for the headphones, one would think headphones made of wood would be quite heavy.

2 hours ago, MoJo63 said:

Well it would be real interesting to hear what Klipsch has to say.  As I linked, the site they are under the Heritage line, are they vintage Heritage?  No, of course not!  But it seems to me Klipsch is wanting more than just the vintage Heritage, they want to move forward and not live in the past. 

They are listed under Heritage Wireless, which makes me wonder if they are trying to get a wireless Heritage line going.  Wireless is the future and they can either be the tip of the spear of fall behind in the field.

As for the headphones, one would think headphones made of wood would be quite heavy.

Good luck with those OPINIONS!  What other speaker company is still making its flagship speaker that was originally released in 1947??  Ever wonder why they AREN'T?

CONVENIENCE is not necessarily PROGRESS!  If you want big sound, you need BIG HORNS!  It is what it is....

• Moderators
8 hours ago, MoJo63 said:

10 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Good luck with those OPINIONS!  What other speaker company is still making its flagship speaker that was originally released in 1947??  Ever wonder why they AREN'T?

CONVENIENCE is not necessarily PROGRESS!  If you want big sound, you need BIG HORNS!  It is what it is....

Those aren't opinions they are facts.  And nowhere did I imply Klipsch would stop making their Flagship speakers, don't make things up for the sake of argument.

Well just my opinion but if Klipsch wants to call them Heritage speakers then I guess they are Heritage speakers. Maybe we need to start calling the old classics designed by Mr Klipsch himself "true" Heritage speakers from now on.. Either way its just a label, whatever you call the darn things will not change the performance or your enjoyment of them not really worth getting all worked up over.  

4 hours ago, MoJo63 said:

Those aren't opinions they are facts.  And nowhere did I imply Klipsch would stop making their Flagship speakers, don't make things up for the sake of argument.

That, again, is YOUR OPINION...not fact.  My best advice is: Don't try to "read into" what the marketers say about things....the marketing department is just that...a MARKETING department.  The term "heritage" has been far too loosely-used by the marketing department over the years.  Actually, it was the marketing department that coined it for particular Klipsch speaker models, to begin with.  You can call them anything you want, just don't call them BOSE.  

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Well just my opinion but if Klipsch wants to call them Heritage speakers then I guess they are Heritage speakers.

18 hours ago, MoJo63 said:

As I linked, the site they are under the Heritage line, are they vintage Heritage?  No, of course not!  But it seems to me Klipsch is wanting more than just the vintage Heritage, they want to move forward and not live in the past. 

No confusion on my part.  I would never consider headphones or powered speakers Heritage.  There are many here who feel the same way.

I had thought long and hard on this after refereeing some wizzing matches about this very subject.  If you guys will notice, the new headphones, Sixes, Threes, Ones, etc., are labeled "Heritage Inspired" now.  That was my idea and it seems to work quite well.  The marketing team gets their fix and the old school guys aren't nearly as offended once they think about it.  The original lineup is technically called Heritage Classic.  This simple change has diffused a lot of spirited arguments.  

Image may contain: text

46 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

That, again, is YOUR OPINION...not fact.  My best advice is: Don't try to "read into" what the marketers say about things....the marketing department is just that...a MARKETING department.  The term "heritage" has been far too loosely-used by the marketing department over the years.  Actually, it was the marketing department that coined it for particular Klipsch speaker models, to begin with.  You can call them anything you want, just don't call them BOSE.  

So what exactly is not a fact?  Someone is misrepresenting here.  You don't think the future is wireless technology?  You don't think Klipsch listed them as Heritage Wireless?  You don't think Klipsch plans on moving forward with wireless speakers?  What exactly is it you are claiming is opinion.  And I don't think anyone has or would refer to any Klipsch speaker as a Bose speaker.

38 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I had thought long and hard on this after refereeing some wizzing matches about this very subject.  If you guys will notice, the new headphones, Sixes, Threes, Ones, etc., are labeled "Heritage Inspired" now.  That was my idea and it seems to work quite well.  The marketing team gets their fix and the old school guys aren't nearly as offended once they think about it.  The original lineup is technically called Heritage Classic.  This simple change has diffused a lot of spirited arguments.  

Image may contain: text

Go to the site and look them up, they are labeled as Heritage Wireless, period...  That is what they are listed under, it makes the argument that Klipsch might be considering a Heritage wireless lineup as well as the wireless reference line up.  Heritage Inspired means that Klipsch drew their inspiration for the design from the Heritage line, and when you look at the make they meet the specs, Horn loaded, Furniture Grade Materials, Made in USA.  I think we all know these are not Klipschorns, or LaScala or any other that does not negate the concept that Klipsch could be making an effort to create a Heritage Wireless lineup.  

Wireless is a CONVENIENCE.  In the same manner, small, unobtrusive speakers are also a CONVENIENCE (just ask BOSE...they got rich off of small unobtrusive speakers).  So is having a remote control. These are facts.  "The way of the future" is an opinion.

3 minutes ago, MoJo63 said:

Go to the site and look them up, they are labeled as Heritage Wireless, period...  That is what they are listed under, it makes the argument that Klipsch might be considering a Heritage wireless lineup as well as the wireless reference line up.  

They already had a wireless reference lineup.  They didn't do so well, got discontinued, and I think Adorama bought all the remaining stock.  Do a search on the rp-440wf.  

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

They already had a wireless reference lineup.  They didn't do so well, got discontinued, and I think Adorama bought all the remaining stock.  Do a search on the rp-440wf.  

https://www.klipsch.com/powered-speakers  All these plus https://www.klipsch.com/heritage-wireless

Are considered wireless / powered ie they do not require amplification from an additional source and will allow Bluetooth and Direct TV. Phone etc hook up.  Klipsch is very much moving in this direction, which again is not implying the will kill any of the traditional line up

The biggest PROBLEM with WIRELESS is that you have to RELY on a built-in "plate amp" for power of the units....which has (thus far!) been proven to be a failure waiting to happen in MANY CASES.  It is the nature of the beast at this particular point in time, anyway.  The "way of the future" can be a costly thing, IMHO!  When you can pick and choose from amplifiers to power your stuff, you are better off...again, IMHO!

1 minute ago, HDBRbuilder said:

The biggest PROBLEM with WIRELESS is that you have to RELY on a built-in "plate amp" for power of the units....which has (thus far!) been proven to be a failure waiting to happen in MANY CASES.  It is the nature of the beast at this particular point in time, anyway.  The "way of the future" can be a costly thing, IMHO!  When you can pick and choose from amplifiers to power your stuff, you are better off...again, IMHO!

Yeah I won't disagree with any of that, but much like wired technology got better and better so will wireless, hell it already has.  Companies like Klipsch well respected in the industry need to be and appear to be the tip of the spear as it relates to wireless / powered and I think it's part of a new direction Klipsch is headed. 

I agree that it is a relatively "new direction"....but it remains to be seen if it is "the way of the future"...until they get all the plate amp bugs worked out and more clearly define the possibility of "wireless" technology causing "human health issues".  For myself, I prefer hard-wired.  Once health science and wireless technology stop being at issues with each other and the technology side of the house deems RELIABILITY of the amplifiers used being a NUMBER ONE PRIORITY, who knows?  It is what it is.

6 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I agree that it is a relatively "new direction"....but it remains to be seen if it is "the way of the future"...until they get all the plate amp bugs worked out and more clearly define the possibility of "wireless" technology causing "human health issues".  For myself, I prefer hard-wired.  Once health science and wireless technology stop being at issues with each other and the technology side of the house deems RELIABILITY of the amplifiers used being a NUMBER ONE PRIORITY, who knows?  It is what it is.

Human health issues where did this come from? 

And I agree there are still issues, and may be for some time but I do feel it's happening as we speak.  I don't think anyone myself included thinks it will surpass the capabilities of hard wired set ups.  For me a dude with limited funds, and a small 10x12 music room The Sixes make a whole lot of sense.  Very affordable, great looking, Klipsch technology and support, I am the market they are targeting.

1 hour ago, MoJo63 said:

Human health issues where did this come from? 

And I agree there are still issues, and may be for some time but I do feel it's happening as we speak.  I don't think anyone myself included thinks it will surpass the capabilities of hard wired set ups.  For me a dude with limited funds, and a small 10x12 music room The Sixes make a whole lot of sense.  Very affordable, great looking, Klipsch technology and support, I am the market they are targeting.

There is some research indicating that blue tooth and Wi-Fi may be causing some human health issues, to include cell phone usage to the individual talking on the cell phone.  Up til recently, there is more research needing to be done, but....the indicators are already there.