The 15s?

MoJo63

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Understood but I don't know anyone outside of marketing that would even remotely consider them as a Heritage speaker.  You're just repeating what they're printing, I get it.

Read the edit to my earlier post, for conversation sake, I want to make it clear I am not arguing.  I do firmly believe that Klipsch recognized wireless powered speakers are here to stay and for the most part are sub-par that is what inspired them to create a Heritage Wireless Line to spearhead quality wireless stereo sound.  I don't think it's a marketing trick I firmly believe there were multiple meetings by multiple high level board members to brand them Heritage.

I guess maybe I am better off just to defer to the more experienced poster.  Just want it clear I was not trying to be argumentative just seeking clarification

To each his own!  Many here believe the "old" Heritage system to be the best on the planet and I don't see that changing in the near future, if EVER.  If Klipsch touts something as a part of the Heritage line then so be it.  Bottom line...  You pay for what you truly enjoy.  Whether it's a piece of furniture for your living room or an old Heresy used in the garage to crank when you're washin the car.  Listen to them and make a comparison.  You'll ultimately purchase what trips your trigger.  I did  :)  

48 minutes ago, MoJo63 said:

Just want it clear I was not trying to be argumentative just seeking clarification

We're having a discussion, not an argument as far as I'm concerned.  That's how I learn.  I enjoy the conversation.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, CECAA850 said:

To be labeled a Klipsch Heritage Series speaker means our founder, Paul W. Klipsch, played a pivotal role in the design, development and engineering of these incredible loudspeakers. Each speaker is designed and assembled in the U.S.A. with furniture-grade wood veneers and feature our cornerstone horn-loaded technology to deliver an unsurpassed acoustic experience. 

https://www.klipsch.com/heritage-speakers

The more I think about this, the more I feel Klipsch does consider The Sixes and future speakers Heritage.  When I break down the the verbiage it only makes sense that the Heritage line applies.  PWK original designs and thoughts only need to be applied to any new design for the label to apply.  We both know The Sixes and others like the new Heritage sound bar both are made in the USA using furniture grade materials and are horn loaded.  If Klipsch does not apply the Heritage Moniker then it dies off.  This is why they have the reference line, Palladium lines and Heritage it's important to keep it going, I think it only makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, MoJo63 said:

The more I think about this... PWK original designs and thoughts only need to be applied to any new design for the label to apply. 

disagree... Perhaps "Legacy" should be used

7 minutes ago, MoJo63 said:

So then by this train of thought there would never be a new Heritage model?

Correct. At least to my way of thinking.

Heritage line is just the select few that have been made before the '80s, but maybe I am short-sighted.

1 minute ago, SiliconTi said:

Correct. At least to my way of thinking.

Heritage line is just the select few that have been made before the '80s, but maybe I am short-sighted.

Yeah I am not sure I disagree with that either.  I think what Klipsch is at least attempting to say is, it meets all the criteria b/c the speaker does use furniture grade materials, does use a horn, is made in the USA all of these criteria were from the mind of PWK therefore he heavily influenced the design.  I think it's done on purpose to have the ability to keep the Heritage line operational. 

1 minute ago, MoJo63 said:

I think it's done on purpose to have the ability to keep the Heritage line operational. 

But then that implies they will discontinue some of the Heritage speakers in the future. Not sure I see that happening.

Then again, Bose killed off the 901...

2 minutes ago, SiliconTi said:

But then that implies they will discontinue some of the Heritage speakers in the future. Not sure I see that happening.

Then again, Bose killed off the 901...

I can't see them killing any of the line off but based on the linked requirements it would prevent them from creating anything new less they determine that the speaker was built in the spirit of the Heritage line and met the requirements.  I think it's a thin line but it's one Klipsch is willing to walk. 

Hadn't heard Bose killed the 901, that was the only Bose speaker I ever really liked.

Sidenote:  I too am from NH live in Florida now though

4 minutes ago, SiliconTi said:

I don't follow this logic.  The factory was already maxed out, the workers were doing the most that the union would let them from what I hear.  Forte III's took off and did exceptionally well.  There's no reason to introduce yet another competing model in the Hope plant, especially an active one that would be more prone to breakage due to amp issues.  

I agree, I can not see any Heritage being discontinued.

I suppose, that IF a new speaker were hand-built in the USA, of fine woods, and used PWK's engineering, it could be called Heritage. That being said, would it take away from the caché of the "true" Heritage speakers. Maybe not.

The Sixes are actually so good looking that people are taking selfies in front of them. :laugh:

image.thumb.png.ead7ecc4b6a0677ff74c7cfef979800c.png

As for the 'Heritage' discussion. I believe only the K-Horns, LaScalas, Cornwalls and Heresy's can have the true Heritage moniker as these speakers were designed by PWK and really launched the company. In the last few years, Klipsch has put together a new "Heritage Inspired" design trend with quality metal and wood, even in their headphones but it has little to do with the original 'Heritage' speakers. The One and Three are actually Full Range drivers and the Sixes are dressed up Reference Premier bookshelf speakers with an internal amp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I still agree with this brochure that these new products are Heritage inspired only.  Not Heritage speakers/products.

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/Klipsch-Heritage-Inspired-Brochure-CES2018_digitalversion.pdf

Okay so they were inspired by the Heritage series and meet all the requirements of the Heritage link posted, not sure where the confusion is. 

5 hours ago, Schu said:

disagree... Perhaps "Legacy" should be used