Fedex Home Delivery? Anybody had any luck with this?

JL Sargent

We are waiting on a $2,000.00 computer that has been bouncing around "out for delivery" on a truck since last Saturday.  What to do? Wondering if anybody here has dealt with this before. Why don't they just deliver it?

Travel History
Hide

Help

Date/Time
Activity   Location

5/31/2018 - Thursday
9:48 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery   BIRMINGHAM, AL

8:24 am At local FedEx facility   BIRMINGHAM, AL

5/30/2018 - Wednesday
9:00 pm Delivery exception   BIRMINGHAM, AL

Local weather delay, delivery not attempted
8:11 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery   BIRMINGHAM, AL

5/29/2018 - Tuesday
9:01 pm Delivery exception   BIRMINGHAM, AL

5/26/2018 - Saturday
4:13 pm Delivery exception   BIRMINGHAM, AL

Customer not available or business closed
8:35 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery   BIRMINGHAM, AL

4:37 am At local FedEx facility   BIRMINGHAM, AL

1:52 am Departed FedEx location   BIRMINGHAM, AL

12:47 am Arrived at FedEx location   BIRMINGHAM, AL

23 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

We are waiting on a $2,000.00 computer that has been bouncing around "out for delivery" on a truck since last Saturday.  What to do? Wondering if anybody here has dealt with this before. Why don't they just deliver it?

Travel History
Hide

Help

Date/Time
Activity   Location

5/31/2018 - Thursday
9:48 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery   BIRMINGHAM, AL

8:24 am At local FedEx facility   BIRMINGHAM, AL

5/30/2018 - Wednesday
9:00 pm Delivery exception   BIRMINGHAM, AL

8:11 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery   BIRMINGHAM, AL

5/29/2018 - Tuesday
9:01 pm Delivery exception   BIRMINGHAM, AL

5/26/2018 - Saturday
4:13 pm Delivery exception   BIRMINGHAM, AL

Customer not available or business closed
8:35 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery   BIRMINGHAM, AL

4:37 am At local FedEx facility   BIRMINGHAM, AL

1:52 am Departed FedEx location   BIRMINGHAM, AL

12:47 am Arrived at FedEx location   BIRMINGHAM, AL

Call.fedex... Ask for customer pick up.!

• Like 1

It goes back to the facility to be held until the following days attempt.

I dont trust ground... always Express.

FedEx Ground is a franchise owner operator situation... they have little to do with Corp FedEx... Express IS Corp FedEx and couriers work directly for the company.

One thing you can do is take your tracking number to the local FedEx Ground facility and see if you can pick it up in person... otherwise you're gonna have to wait until this idiot finally makes an attempt to deliver, providing he attempts to the correct address. He may also still make an attempt this evening.

Mean while, your $2000 computer is riding around in a grungy FedEx truck.

This is the default service that DELL uses. I didn't even realize it was same as GROUND? I asked for pick up and their robot assistant said DELL doesn't want them to do that. What a pain in the butt! I will avoid in the future, that's for sure.

I live in the middle of nowhere. FedEx home finds me all the time with hardly a hickup. Booze from NYC with signature required was a pain one time but beyond that no issues. IIRC Saturday delivery is standard but not Monday....so maybe Tuesday-saturday

I vaguely remember ordering something online and my receipt showing an expected delivery date, which was about a week. They held he package about 3 days and delivered on the expected delivery date.

I would call them over at the facility in Irondale and see if you could pick it up.

Good luck.

Keith

Follow up: Got up this morning and drove 30 minutes to the FEDEX warehouse. I explained why I was there and was "buzzed in" at the facility. Showed my tracking info to a nice lady there. She took one look at it and said "oh yeah" we are crazy busy and understaffed".  She then called the contractor over the driver that had my package. I talked to this person who assured me the driver was on the way to me with the package. Sure enough after about 30 minutes later I had package in hand and on my way home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Years ago I carried packages to ship to that Fedx location. The last time, 10 years ago or longer, I carried 2 tube amps there to ship. One going east of here and the other way up to the northeast. The gal there printed 2 labels and affixed the labels to the two boxes. A few days later I found out she had swapped the labels/boxes. I got one back and they lost the other. I raised me some heck with them.

A couple of weeks later I was leaving home for work around 10:30 PM. About a half block away a Fedx truck comes speeding by. I stopped and, looking in my sideview mirror, saw that the Fedx truck had stopped in front of my house. I turned around and pulled up in front of my house and got out. The driver was walking back to the truck and I asked him why he was delivering so late at night. He said they were really busy and jumped in the truck.

I haven't been back.

On 6/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, Arrow#422 said:

Still, better than UPS !

Hardly. I'm sure individual experiences vary, but in my experience UPS is always much more professional, no contract drivers beyond USPS last mile. Always on time to the day with estimated times. Zero damage unless the packer is an idiot. The gold standard, but not cheap. You get what you pay for.

FedEx express is the gold standard... UPS and FedEx Ground are the bulk mass delivery services and go head to head with large mass quantities.

FedEx Express can have a package in China the next day as part of their natural overnight service. For anyone else it's special handling...

Express is all overnight including from California to New York by the next day delivered to the destination by 0800 hours... including Saturday. 

No other service can say this.

On 6/1/2018 at 7:45 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Next time, 1 800 go fedex. Ypu can always have them hold it at your local fedex facility.

Oh I tried this. 1 800 go FEDEX said that they could not hold a package for me at the facility because Dell required them to deliver it to the correct address.

FedEx here in the Panhandle of FL is miserable. The last Delos SACD I bought arrived with the package literally stomped (distinct  boot print) and half torn open. Jewel case all cracked. I got Delos to send the replacement  USPS and it arrived in perfect shape. Trying to get any customer service is a waste of time. Say what you like about UPS, where I live the are very dependable and professional.

7 hours ago, Schu said:

FedEx express is the gold standard... UPS and FedEx Ground are the bulk mass delivery services and go head to head with large mass quantities.

FedEx Express can have a package in China the next day as part of their natural overnight service. For anyone else it's special handling...

Express is all overnight including from California to New York by the next day delivered to the destination by 0800 hours... including Saturday. 

No other service can say this.

And you pay more for shipping than the product is worth........................I guess if you have deep enough pockets you dont think about things like that.  Recent quotes to ship a box to CA. ground was 88.00, express was over 300.00. I have yet to meet a buyer willing to pay 3 - 4 times as much to have something shipped in fact just the opposite they always balk at anything over 50 - 100.00.   Around me Fedex and UPS are pretty much the same They both S&%k, Dont even get me started on the usps here