Klipschorns in the house

Ok guys, more details.

The trip was pretty much uneventful. There and back in 10 hours, long day.

I had a couple of diligent audio buddies who helped me get them unloaded and set up. Like I said, one of them was out of phase. Big let down at first, but once this was sorted out all was good.  Very good.

First song? Something by the Christian McBride trio, then some Beck. First of all, the klipschorns don't embarrass the forte III. It is a very good speaker with strengths that far outshine it's modest price. But the scale and majesty of the corner horn is hard for any speaker to top.

Some thoughts. The forte III has more sparkle and detail in the top end. I think a crossover refresh would go a long way to closing that gap. But the klipschorns sound natural and have a "rightness" to their sound that just draws you into the music.

The fortes aren't for sale just yet, but I imagine they will be soon.

Shakey

• Like 1

Very very nice.  Congrats.

After some time with them, maybe you could post on Audiogon to help silence some of the Klipsch haters, though lately I have been noticing a few long standing members buying Klipsch Heritage and posting very favorable opinions.

Bill

• Like 1