Heresy II Replacement Cabinets

I am on the hunt for replacement cabinets for my Heresy II’s.  My cabinets are pretty rough, but I want to keep the speakers and reworked networks that I already have.  Does anyone have suggestions?  I have reached out to Klipsch to see if they make replacements (not heard back yet), but all ideas are on the table.  Thanks!

The H2 cabinets I just sold to @The History Kid are in decent shape.  See:

They started life as raw birch until stained (poorly in my opinion) by a prior owner.  They could be veneered or sanded and refinished relatively easily.  Of course, easy is subjective.  How bad are your present cabinets?  THK is not using the cabinets, only the components.

20 hours ago, jeffgeorge said:

I am on the hunt for replacement cabinets for my Heresy II’s

Yeah, agree with @DizRotus ... very unlikely you will find better cabinets ... at a reasonable price.  Just picked up a pair; wet sanded it with #600 paper and Watco Rejuvinating Oil. Worked pretty nice :D  But watch out; the veneer is extremely thin :( Will add a couple of coats of Danish oil later.

Cheers, Emile

IMG_2121.JPG

6 hours ago, jeffgeorge said:

These are mine, maybe I am being too picky.

ADC26BA3-BD6B-45CA-B5CD-AD55C7239383.jpeg

The grain pattern in those is extremely nice.  As said, a bit of light sanding, Watco Dark Walnut oil and you will be shocked as to how nice they can be.

One of my coworkers who is very very good at woodworking has agreed to re-veneer them in bubinga wood, which will look awesome at least for my room.  It will be a while before he can get to them, but the veneer is beautiful and he has amazing attention to detail.  He knows nothing about Klipsch, but noticed right away that the veneer is matched.  He was impressed that any company would pay that close attention to detail and I told him, you don’t know Klipsch.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, jeffgeorge said:

These are mine, maybe I am being too picky.

ADC26BA3-BD6B-45CA-B5CD-AD55C7239383.jpeg

Hard to tell from the pic, BUT, looks like those scratches have not actually gone too deep or have broken the cross-grain...and if so, you can use a very damp cloth and a steam iron to raise the wood in those scratches, then LIGHTLY SAND them using a SANDING BLOCK and sand WITH THE GRAIN and apply stain and oil for the finish...if they are HWO models.

• Thanks 1