1979 KB-WO What's a Fair Price?

So you have Klipshorns, B collar, in Walnut Oiled from 1979.  They haven't been modified, we call that unmolested.  I'll assign a condition of 8/10, just a guess.

It matters in what area you live and how fast you need to sell them.

Khorns in good shape from that era average around $2k.  The low average would be around $1600 and high average would be about $2400 for a pair in excellent condition that has had the crossovers updated, or other drivers upgraded.

The last three sales I've recorded show $1200 in Condition C (average) April 2018 in Houston, $1500 Condition C May, 2018 in Mass, and $2100 condition B w/enclosure upgraded, NC May 2018.

The bottom line is a willing Seller and a willing Buyer will set the final price.

• Like 1

Hello
I see you keep up with the history of what used Klipsch gear as been selling for
Do you do this with the ktp and KI line of speakers? I’d like to find out about some of my KI-102’s I have in near mint shape with out the hangers for wall mounting them

Sorry if jumping into your post and going off topic
Thanks
Carl

23 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I see you keep up with the history of what used Klipsch gear as been selling for
Do you do this with the ktp and KI line of speakers?

I've tracked the prices of Heritage speakers for a couple years now.  It's part of my enjoyment of this hobby and I'm happy to share my spreadsheet with any Klipsch forum members who ask.

I know there are others here who know prices of other Klipsch speakers.  If you start a thread hopefully someone smarter than me will jump in and help you.  I've no idea what the pro stuff goes for.

You have gotten some good advice. Please remember that the market is local (these are expensive to ship) and varies over time. Someone may have wanted some 6 months ago ( or 6 months from now) but no one currently. As noted above, you may need to be patient. 

The other issue is condition and finish. This can easily change things by 10 or 20%. What is a small blemish in your eyes may be a huge problem for someone else.

I would encourage you to consider advertising them here on the forum. Although some of our members have recently been a bit rude and dis-respectful to sellers. Overall, it is not a bad place. 

Be sure to include plenty of pictures from all angles,  including stickers on the rear and any chips or scratches. 

I am sorry about the circumstances which make these Klipschorns available. I am sure your father had great enjoyment from them.

Good luck,

-Tom

11 hours ago, Son of an Opera Lover said:

Hi folks, What is the opinion of the community of what a fair price would be for a pair of good condition KB-WO's, 1979 vintage? They work just fine but have a few knicks here and there on the exterior. Thoughts?

Hello, your location is important in setting a price, as is the overall cosmetic condition, and functionality of the drivers.  Hope things go well for you.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but thought I’d reply just in case someone out there is looking for Klipsch speakers. I have a set of Klipschorn KB-WO L/F speakers for sale. They were owned by an older gentleman and were never used at a high volume. I’m not sure the year they were made but are in very good condition. I have pictures of them and a video of them as well, if anyone has an interest in them. Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but thought I’d reply just in case someone out there is looking for Klipsch speakers. I have a set of Klipschorn KB-WO L/F speakers for sale. They were owned by an older gentleman and were never used at a high volume. I’m not sure the year they were made but are in very good condition. I have pictures of them and a video of them as well, if anyone has an interest in them. Thanks!

I would advise on starting your own thread.

Pictures, location, and asking price will help.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

On 10/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, Lesliepartlow said:

ok------what is your location ?   asking price ? do you have  pictures of the tags of the speakers  , these are usually found at the rear of the speakers and can you post  pictures of the actual speakers