Klipsch Epic CF-3, Version 1?

Bonzo

https://redding.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-vintage-epic-series-2/6588662980.html

I did look at these speakers about two weeks ago then left on vacation. In between the fun and the sun, guess what was on my mind? They have the six inch ports, are clearly CF-3's, and need some work. They are in a furniture warehouse type business. The only thing audio in there are these speakers. The grills, at least one, needs to be replaced. The footers and the "stinking" badges are missing. Oh, the binding post jumpers are missing as well. Cabinets have many scratches and a few gouges but, with some work, could probably made to look very presentable. I spoke to the only employee who was virtually no help as to working condition, any kind of discount etc. The woofers looked to be original and in good shape. I am very much on the fence to pursue them further as I have a lot of "irons in the fire" currently. If there is a very interested member that would like me to check them further, I could probably be talked into to doing so, even out of morbid curiosity if nothing else? Let me know, thanks.

For any of the versions, I would call that a good price and, for v2, that's quite good.  Cherry is a nice looking finish, too.  Grill cloth can be replaced although it looks like it would be rather interesting on the plastic frames (I never had to replace mine), Klipsch "might" have the badges for those is one called and gave the serial number.  Or, you could use the newer pie looking logo.  Maybe put some cherry filler stain on those marks on top and maybe even a pair of smoked glass cut to fit and call it good.  Overall, not in really bad shape.  If they have the rattling back panels due to the glue not being put on them too good, like mine were, that would have to be fixed but, again, not too bad.  You'd know if they did as you'd here a pronounced "thwack" whenever reasonable bass notes play.  :D

For posterity...

00808_eT4B59WTpP1_600x450.jpg

00202_kfEH7Sa4VN5_600x450.jpg

00e0e_cLoWSQTa4dR_600x450.jpg

01717_kAPfxjX0Tmv_600x450.jpg

He gave me a seven day warranty so I figured, what the heck? Just some short lengths of speaker wire as jumpers and, wow! I haven’t had much chance to listen but I don’t hear any issues with the drivers. My little Marantz 1060 seems to drive them very well. Lots more listening tomorrow. 

F9CE3E01-96C0-452B-822C-0AD5296E2540.jpeg

• Like 1