Our new Home Theater build...Negatron 2

NBPK402

It has been a while, but we have found a house, and our offer was accepted. This time it will not be a dedicated home theater, but a Home Theater/2 channel setup in our living room. The dimensions are approximately 19' w x 31' l x 30' h. The house is build of 1' thick clay brick covered in stucco, including the boveda ceiling (not sure how thick the ceiling is though). I just ordered 3 75' xlr cables for the front channels. The 14 channel amp will be in front for the time being until we get the new Synergy style horns made...at which time we will dismantle the 14 channel amp and make multiple 4 channel amps for all the active speakers. I am hoping to have 5 Synergy style horns, and use my old JBL surround speakers for atmos channels.We plan to have our turntable, and a stereo preamp for the turntable up front, but the rest of the equipment will be in another room(other than the speakers of course). I just ordered Roxul for my room treatments, and it should arrive some time after we move. Here are a couple of pics of the new room...347783256_wm_full(2).thumb.jpg.950ef39f0c852fa14d278621574096a2.jpg998325426_wm_full(1).thumb.jpg.62dc731af520de5f614ff012a5d94f5f.jpg 

• Like 7

The projector will be mounted most likely below the loft which gives me a 20' throw to the windows...which means 17' throw for the projector since the screen will be in front of the speakers.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2068693803_wm_full(3).thumb.jpg.4397a72ac860234aac6ee98f7b1f0cb4.jpg

This is the basement wine cellar where my wife will be making beer, and wine.

I have Roxul on the way.😊 We will see if I have enough coming. I ordered as much as we used in our old Home Theater, but this time we have a very tall ceiling. I am not planning on ceiling panels this time as we want to maintain the look of the room.

• Like 4

Well the buyers of our home just signed so we are def getting this house...we should be moving into our new home in the next couple of weeks. I have a dilema now, where do install the screen?

When you look at the pictures the distance from the windows to the loft is 20', the room is 19` wide, and if you go from the windows to the bar it is 30`.

Option 1: I was thinking I could mount a 160" 2.4 electric AT screen from the loft, and put the 3 front speakers behind the screen. If I go that way the kitchen would be viewable from the living room when the screen was up.

Option 2: Build a support to hang the screen from about 3` from the windows, and put the speakers behind the screen.

Option 3: Hang the screen from the wall across from the screen...downside is it would have to be mounted to the wall and the screen would only go down to 3` from the floor due to the speakers.

Ideas, suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellisr63 said:

Option 2: Build a support to hang the screen from about 3` from the windows, and put the speakers behind the screen.

I'd probably go with this option. Unobtrusive if making trips to the kitchen and also viewable while in the kitchen. Assuming this option is also for an electric drop down screen? Would hate to block those beautiful doors/windows with a fixed screen and that nice view while not in use.

Congrats an the new home......beautiful!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TasDom said:

I'd probably go with this option. Unobtrusive if making trips to the kitchen and also viewable while in the kitchen. Assuming this option is also for an electric drop down screen? Would hate to block those beautiful doors/windows with a fixed screen and that nice view while not in use.

Thanks, we fell in love with this house as soon as they opened the door. Yes all options will be with a Seymourav electric AT screen. The biggest task on thecwindow end will be a support beam to mount the screen too. I am going to ask an engineer friend what to use for a support.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TasDom said:

I like this idea as well and agree on not blocking the windows/door.

Congrats on the house.

• Like 3

The windows will be partially blocked by 3 K402 synergy horns, but  at least the view will still be there when the curtains are open. I will mount the projector (when I buy a new one) to the bottom edge of the loft. It also means I will need a lot less cables to the front 3 channels.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I like this idea as well and agree on not blocking the windows/door.

Congrats on the house.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ellisr63 said:

The biggest task on the window end will be a support beam to mount the screen too.

My electric screen is suspended from the ceiling on a pair of hooks. Your ceiling is MUCH higher but maybe you could suspend the screen on decorative chains?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellisr63 said:

Does your screen always come down in the same position...so it is always in focus? I ask this as this will be my first non fixed screen.

Yes, always the same and in focus. Just thinking about chains tho and you might have some swaying issues with ventilation / breezes. Not sure if it's common on all electric screens, but mine has a heavy weight bar across the bottom.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TasDom said:

The wall alone (above the doors) could make for a great screen too and you could use the loft as your seating / viewing area. :)

Then it would mess up our audio as the loft is the height of the height channels.

• Like 2

Of course...who is going to do the grocery shopping, and cooking? LOL

11 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Will you be letting her out for occasional exercise, meals, good behavior?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1