Our new Home Theater build...Negatron 2

NBPK402

Today I got my Dune setup working with MyMovies database software, and I have to say it is just what I needed to get my catalog looking like I wanted. One thing I learned while trying to get this to work is that when you setup MyMovies for Dune...import your movies as "Disc" not "Movies". Now when I select MyMovies it lists all my movies, and when I select a movie...it will show a background shot, movie cover, synopsis, Director, Actors, stream format, rez, aspect, FPS, surround modes, rating, runtime, and genre.. If you want to play that movie you can hit play or hit enter in the remote...this then will either start to play the movie or open another screen which shows what discs you ripped for the movie. If you want to watch the movie you select it, if you want to watch the bonus disc select it (This will work for whatever movies or bonus discs you ripped for this movie). Now to setup my 2nd Dune to do the same thing should be a snap since I know how to do it my way.

20190406_214321.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Xilica XP4080 will be arriving next week. I think I will use my minidsp 2x4s for my surrounds to save cash on the surround setup. I hope to get the k402 synergy done soon. Just need the placement of the ports so I can cut the k402.

• Like 2

Looks like an awesome place there.  I wish I could find the pictures of the house my dad and (ex) step-mother bought there before they moved back to the states.  It had a panoramic view of the city and a 2 lane Olympic length swimming pool with a guest house out back.  Beautiful place.  Moved after someone poisoned one of their German Shepherds.  Bought huge brand new Prevost and traveled the US after that then got tired of travelling after a couple years and bought another ranch outside of Pueblo.  Then they divorced.  lol

• Like 1

[mention=55367]ellisr63[/mention] My sister who lives in San Miguel was up visiting last week for our Grandmother's funeral.  She said it was pretty warm in San Miguel before she came up.  I hope to be able to visit her there again some day.
Yup, this is the hot time of the year... hit low to mid 90s.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update... I just ordered 4 Klipsch rp160m speakers in cherry. These will be used as my front channels until my k402s are ready...once the fronts are ready these will be used as my surrounds, and surround back speakers.For the time being I will use my 4 channel Yamaha Pro amp for powering them until I get the B&O AMP modules installed in their case. Hopefully I will have 7 channels plus 4 Atmos channels by November. Next year will be projector, screen, and new AVP time.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Update: 4 more Klipsch RP150PMs for height channels, monoprice 12 gauge 4 conductor speaker wire (250'), 2 more powercon connectors, and 2 more wall mounts to allow 6 height channels. Rack should be arriving any day now, and amplifier should be done soon. Pics will be posted as I get stuff completed.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Today the carpenter delivered my new rack. I made the 8020 part, and provided the mahogony wood, mahogony veneered MDF shelves, and the African hardwood trim for the shelves. He cut down all the shelves, joined them together , and added the pine trim, and nice joints. He also trimmed out my shelves with the African hard wood I provided. He finished it all off with 4 coats of Polyurethane. Cost me about $100 in labor!e72caeda885c467df764fa68f00e4ba1.jpgbb73d5cea4a466c56f27d5985fb27cfc.jpg6ddecb585604eac3790c447f909f3142.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/18/2019 at 12:51 AM, Ron E said:

Update... I just ordered 4 Klipsch rp160m speakers in cherry. These will be used as my front channels until my k402s are ready...once the fronts are ready these will be used as my surrounds, and surround back speakers.For the time being I will use my 4 channel Yamaha Pro amp for powering them until I get the B&O AMP modules installed in their case. Hopefully I will have 7 channels plus 4 Atmos channels by November. Next year will be projector, screen, and new AVP time.

I'm glad to see and "Audio before Video" approach to your new setup. Now don't you miss your old theater setup just a little??

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 7:01 AM, jorjen said:

As coincidence would have it my brother and sister-in-law should be in flight on Southwest from Oakland to Puerto Villarta as I type this. They just sold their home in Henderson Nevada and purchased a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath Condo there. He just retired from the Insurance business in Las Vegas. He told me the most time consuming part of the whole process was selling off his gun collection, Lol!

I think that I need to take a trip out there.  If Shu goes that will be three families from Las Vegas.

Where is a good place to vacation in San Miguel? 

• Like 1

I think the best thing to do would be to look on Facebook, and checkout the group for San Miguel de Allende newcomers, and XPATS group. Then you can see what it costs to stay in San Miguel, and what there is to see.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see and "Audio before Video" approach to your new setup. Now don't you miss your old theater setup just a little??
I do miss my big screen for sure. Right now we just have our 65" tv.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little update... sorry about the pic quality as it was taken with my tablet instead of my phone.

Pics of my RP150Ms front heights and a pic of 1 surround height. I also have 2 pics of my new end table (I have 2, but only took pics of one), and my tablet that I use for home automation, and AV control.dfdaadc12c1819f6b181b36cf01c25a0.jpgea76462db99b1fad80b6936787606fbf.jpg5ca9344507539fba5d04cc3b13e730ad.jpgd0fbe8f9bf288617321f65a5a30749f2.jpgf84cdc39d8f2aa4a6213d2a08b19405d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Progress pics...we now have the holes cut in 4 K402s.. .hopefully sometime this week or next I will be assembling them.

The horns will protrude out the front a couple of inches from the motherboard. The motherboard will be 1 1/2" thick and made of 2 layers of MDF. The cabinet (if we decide to use a cabinet) will also be made of 1 1/2" MDF. The MDF will be covered with Mahogany veneer. We will be using Speakon jacks for the hookups. The cabinet will be 4' high x 25" wide...depth is not decided yet.

567d711dc4852a69ba4a24f211838971.jpgf2c6d0c48bdd786362675276e8cf3ec0.jpg7872842542ffac7a30c6d5a74d6c7766.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 4