Titanium diaphragm or not ?

Hello,

what is the benefit of adding the Titanium diaphragm from Bob ? Cost is no issue.

would be used on kg4's. I was fortunate to pick up a pair that must have been in storage most of their like. 

Serious rating would be as new as you would find. Later after I get info I want to discuss his crossover complete package or

should I just consider up grading the caps,

thanks guys for any input,

dave

• Like 1

For me the TI tweeter really smoothed out the response especially at higher volumes, very worthy upgrade. I have found with my Chorus II's that the drop in replacement crossovers from Crites sound a little better than just a simple re-cap of the stock crossover.

• Like 2

I'll second that...I have put Titanium tweeter diaphragms from Bob Crites in every Klipsch speaker I own that would take them with IMO the biggest bang for the buck change...kg2, kg4, Quartets, Chorus ll, Heresy ll (ScorpsFan's), KLF-C7, KG 4.5, KG 5.5...

Bill

• Like 1

Well that's good enough for me and I appreciate the input. Will call Bob today and get them ordered.

while we're on the same subject, should I do the complete board transfer on the crossovers from Bob or

possibly just replace the caps ?

Silversport mention Bec's crossover, I'm not familiar with that at all ?

OK; last one to "chime" in.  Had a set of KG4's which were "liveless." Put the Ti diaphragms in and was very pleased.  But note; the sound will be "brighter."  Even though everyone "on this thread" recommended them, think the general consensus is more like "2/3'rds YES" and "1/3rd NO."

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Audioelevations said:

Well that's good enough for me and I appreciate the input. Will call Bob today and get them ordered.

while we're on the same subject, should I do the complete board transfer on the crossovers from Bob or

possibly just replace the caps ?

Silversport mention Bec's crossover, I'm not familiar with that at all ?

If you're able to replace the caps yourself, then do just that.  It's much cheaper than replacing the whole boards and the caps are the only things on the board that actually need to be replaced.

• 4 weeks later...

I just replaced my stock Heresy III tweeters with Bob's Ti diaphrams.  They are excellent quality and sound great.   

My son was streaming some music during my daughter's college graduation party.... and she came over all drunk and cranked the volume fully clockwise,  it was bad....   I replaced the faulty mids , but I wasn't convinced the tweeters were ok.  They tested ok but I thought they sounded weird.   Put the Crites in,  perfect fit and sound phenomenal. 

Outstanding customer service too...  I'm tired of getting piss poor customer service everywhere I shop lately,   it's great to know there are still companies that care about their customers and their reputation.  My new go to source for Klipsch parts.

• Like 2

I am one of the people that prefer the phenolic diaphragms over the Ti. When I switched on my KG 5.5 horns they sounded more cold and less 'alive' but one of the old ones was busted so I could not put them back in. My ears have since adjusted and I still love my speakers but if I had the choice between the two I would go with the phenolic.

14 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

Is the Titanium Diaphragm change out pretty straight forward? 

Extremely easy, my dog could do it  :D Takes about one beer for each or 2 bottles of wine for all 6.

Cheers, Emile

• Haha 1

Extremely easy, my dog could do it  [emoji3] Takes about one beer for each or 2 bottles of wine for all 6.

Cheers, Emile

Oh yes I could repace the tweeter diaphragm once I have finished this chapter on astrophysics0ce2e80f6101a08bc55ac379aaeffa7a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Extremely easy, my dog could do it  :D Takes about one beer for each or 2 bottles of wine for all 6.

Cheers, Emile

Hmmm... How many Dirty Hendrick’s Gin Martini's does that translate into? 

• Haha 2