Scott Yocum, "PappyIII", is desceased.

ssh

With sorrow and regret, I pass along the news of Scott's sudden death today. Please keep his wife Paula and their daughters and their families in your thoughts and prayers. We have lost a kindred spirit, a genuinely good person, and a staunch supporter of the museum. Scott was a kind and unselfish gentleman who loved his family, friends, and all things Klipsch. He left life holding many expectations, and I am thankful that he shared some of them with me.  Rest in Peace, friend.

SSH

• Like 2

-- met "Pappy" for the first time at the Museum dinner and we had several conversations at Rodney's during the event. A really nice man and as we found out during dinner, very much the "Southern Gentlemen" as he scolded SSH for not allowing my wife to order her dinner first. He was impressed with Linda's needlepoint skills and asked if she would make him a special one off design of the PWK Heritage logo. She was actually preparing to buy materials after we return from a short trip visiting friends. I am shocked and trully saddened with this news. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't know what else to say, a very nice man and funny. He is a great supporter of the museum, not just with his wallet but also with his sweat and hard work. I didn't know him as well as many but talking with him at the museum and Pilgrimage it was clear he is a good guy who always seemed to do the right thing. Pappy is who volunteered many desserts for the Pilgrims some of which his wife made, and boxes of cookies enough for everyone and all plant employees.

He always was thinking about other people, I can see why so many people thought so much of him. Steve (SSH) was lucky to have him as a good friend and to have known him, you don't run across people like Mr Yocum everyday, Steve is very similar, probably why they got along so well. 

This is a shock and I am really glad I had a chance to talk with him more at Rodney's, I got to know him a little more and to know just a little more about him. 

For anyone who does not know who Mr Scott Yocum is or may have even talked with him at Pilgrimage not knowing who he was I wanted to put  picture of two good friends hanging out together.

Mr Steve (SSH) on the left and good friend Mr Scott Yocum (Pappylll) on the right. 

pilgrimage_2018-080.JPG

• Like 3

Wow, this is a shock.  Very sorry to hear this.  I talked with Scott quite a bit at the most recent gathering in Hope and found him to be an extraordinarily nice man.  He was a big fan of my wife's green beans, and kept coming back for additional jars throughout the weekend, and every time he would pay me a compliment.....My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Very sad news.  Like many of you, my wife and I met Scott at the Pilgrimage.  We talked at length with him, and discovered we had some common acquaintances.  He seemed to be a genuinely good person.

Agree on all the above. I only met him briefly as I helped unload the HUGE variety of incredible sweets he and his wife brought, but I like them both immediately and my heart goes out to the family.

I've been here long enough to have lost many "virtual" friends over the decades. Virtual in quotes because it's so bogus. Anyway, each loss brings to mind the others. 

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

• Like 1

RIP Scott.

I  knew Scott only from several Pilgrimages and always enjoyed his humor and stories about his hometown of ElDorado.

Many of you know about his generosity to the Museum and cookies at The Pilgrimage, but his family was also very generous to the city of ElDorado, donating the land for Yocum Elementary there many years ago.

I have tried to post his obituary below which, if you knew him, you will find heartwarming as it is full of pictures of family and friends.

henry-yocum-7871661.html

• Like 2

I am shocked and saddened.  I just now saw this thread.  I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Scott at this year's pilgrimage.  This forum and the Museum have lost a great guy.  Condolences to his family and close friends.  RIP Scott.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Seadog said:

I am shocked and saddened.  I just now saw this thread.  I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Scott at this year's pilgrimage.  This forum and the Museum have lost a great guy.  Condolences to his family and close friends.  RIP Scott.

It’s been almost a week now. I’m as shocked and saddened today as I was when I first received the phone call from @ssh  Continued prayers for his family and all that knew him. There is a great void. 

Christy

• Like 1