Wtb Belle La Scala ohio - found a pair! Thanks everyone

peter101

54 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Pretty sparse information for a Seller wanting $1200.

He has another pair listed at $800 for which the Seller lists NO information, no finish, no year, no nothing.

Was in touch with this person last night and today.  I was willing to drive 4 hours, however, I asked for photos several times, and never received any.  Says he has two pair of Heresys as well.

https://nmi.craigslist.org/ele/6612060894.html

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:
2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

He has another pair listed at $800 for which the Seller lists NO information, no finish, no year, no nothing.

Was in touch with this person last night and today.  I was willing to drive 4 hours, however, I asked for photos several times, and never received any.  Says he has two pair of Heresys as well.

What's your take on that, Jim?  Legit seller?  Scammer?

Or is he just one of those guys who is indifferent to Buyers?

It’s really hard for me to figure it out. He replied to me on a couple of different occasions, and I told him that I was going to be coming from a long distance and would like to see some photos before I made the trip, and told him that at least a couple of times, but he never sent them. Not sure what to make of that but in his last message he said he would sell me a package for cash only.  So, given all of that, I decided it was in my better judgment to pass on the “deal“… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Not sure what to make of that but in his last message he said he would sell me a package for cash only.  

So, given all of that, I decided it was in my better judgment to pass on the “deal“… 

I think you just did the Klipsch community a public service.

The original ad was so sparse with pics and information and add to that your experience with "no more pictures" and a "cash only" package I think that "deal" stinks to high heavens.

It's not unusual to request cash, and the guy may be legit but I wouldn't pursue it either,  Too many red flags.

• Like 1

Yes, of course I understand the cash only thing but given everything else you are correct, there were just a few too many red flags. If anyone else here on the forum is closer to Buckley Michigan, which again, is more than four hours north of me, you are certainly welcome to make contact and check them out. He may very well be legitimate, but just not know what he is dealing with…

• Like 1

@jimjimboBuckley is just shy of Traverse City - the wine country of the upper West Michigan region if you will.

That's gotta be closer to a 5 hour drive for you.

I can make that trip in 2-1/2 to 3 hours, but surely not without additional information in the forefront.

On the other hand, I do have some business to attend to in Manistee which would put me within 1 hour.

Maybe I should just summon additional local eyes for a quick assessment?

7 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@jimjimboBuckley is just shy of Traverse City - the wine country of the upper West Michigan region if you will.

That's gotta be closer to a 5 hour drive for you.

I can make that trip in 2-1/2 to 3 hours, but surely not without additional information in the forefront.

On the other hand, I do have some business to attend to in Manistee which would put me within 1 hour.

Maybe I should just summon additional local eyes for a quick assessment?

Yep, it's a pretty good poke for me.  If you can contact the guy, and get some photos, go for it.  At this point I'm pretty turned off on the situation.  He said that his dog had chewed the corners of the top hat on one of the pairs of LS.....there's not much to fix that, other than Bondo and Duratex.....

I'd assume that'd be the $800 set?

Inquiry sent, awaiting response.

Let's see if anything comes of it.

Not too optimistic.

BTW - the black pair @opusk2k9 posted in the alerts isn't "that" much further away, and if the seller is, who I think it may be, they'd be a much better bet.

YMMV

On 6/10/2018 at 7:08 PM, Arrow#422 said:

I'd assume that'd be the $800 set?

Inquiry sent, awaiting response.

Let's see if anything comes of it.

Not too optimistic.

BTW - the black pair @opusk2k9 posted in the alerts isn't "that" much further away, and if the seller is, who I think it may be, they'd be a much better bet.

YMMV

Any response from the seller?

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Any response from the seller?

On the 2 pairs listed for sale in Traverse City - of course NOT.

2nd inquiry was sent on Monday when I was in the quaint town of Manistee, and thus, only 1 hour from viewing.

Zip, nothing, nada.

The black pair that were offered for sale in Kalkaska were stated as a 1 day only offering so it's not surprising the posting has been deleted.

If the seller was who I think it may've been, I  should've again thanked him for my '77 WO Belles & made arrangements for a cordial drop in later in the recreational travel season.