Klipsch Quintet 5.0 Home Theater Speaker System

CSS

Hi,

I am looking to buy speakers for my TV. I came across Klipsch Quintet 5.0 Home Theater Speaker System . This is my first ever speaker system and so I have no idea if buying these 5 speakers without a subwoofer will give me significantly better sound than what I get from TV. Do I need to buy a subwoofer to have that end result? 

Thanks

CSS 

Thanks tigerwoodkhorns and The History Kid. 

Do I also need to buy something called as amplifier to connect the subwoofer and speakers to the TV?
Yes. The speakers are passive and will need amplification to power them.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello guys!

I have recently bought Quintet 5.0 with R-112SW Subwoofer for my Medium Sized Room and trust me the sound is amazing for movies and music as well.  I haven't been able to crank the volume all the way up as these speakers are very loud and even when I crank them up at about 70 on my Onkyo TX-RZ710 AVR, the sound is very clear and with no distortion.  I want to add either the RP-160M Bookshelf speakers or RP-260F Floor Standing as front speakers depending on my budget.  Although there's no need for it but I love the main speakers to be big and if my budget allowed, I'd go for the RP-280F ones and those are the best, oh yeah!

When you hook them up, use the AVR equalizer to tune the highs and the lows and set your crossover settings to 150Hz and set the Phase setting on Subwoofer to 0.  I highly recommend Quintet 5.0 with R-112SW Subwoofer.  Do they sound amazing? Hell Yeah! :)