Help Combining In-Ceiling Speakers with RF7s

JohnW

Just bought our first house! Kind of a unique setup for the family room/home theater--have an idea how to do it. 

Pics of the room below. Dimensions are 18'x16'. Thinking 5.1 instead of 7.1, given that the couch will be against the back wall, and with only one side wall, was planning an in ceiling install for the surrounds. Fronts will be a pair of RF7s on either side of the fireplace (for stereo music listening as well), and an in-ceiling center. 

Can't use my trusty old RC7 on the mantle because it's just too damn big and would stick out too much. Plus, we'll be lowering the mantle and mounting a 75" Vizio or TCL above it, so there won't be room for it without mounting the TV too high.

Here's the sticking point: would the slope of the vaulted ceiling ruin any directionality for a center channel, i.e.:--no tweeters pointed directly at my head? 

Will use another KS-7502s or CDT-5800-C II. I'd go with the KS because one tweeter would be directed back at the listening position, and the second tweeter would bounce off the chimney. With the CDT, I'd be able to aim the tweeter, but probably not enough, given the slope of the ceiling. 

Surrounds will be a pair of the KSs or CDTs. 

Will these match the RF7s? I'm willing to take a little bit of a hit on my seamless front soundstage to avoid using the RC7, but am I just fooling myself? 

Sub will be an original HSU Research VTF-2. 

Thanks in advance!

ISeglvrtfo96xn0000000000.jpg

ISme97qah4te6b0000000000.jpg

Edited by JohnW

And if the RF7s in front aren't that great an idea, should I just put a pair of KL-7502s in the ceiling up front? But then there's still the "tweeter pointing in the wrong direction" issue. In-walls are a no-go, because we'll likely have bookshelves on either side of the chimney.