Sunfire Cinema Grand and Yamaha Aventage/CX-A5100 match??

Carlosrs

Hello, I currently have a Sunfire Cinema Grand amplifier paired with an Ultimate Receiver, with the amp section disabled, basically a TGP III. I am looking to upgrade to HDMI, streaming, newer formats and updated DACS, and I am planning to get an Yamaha Aventage as preamp or a CX-A5100 processor. I am international and can't return/ship items back, to try different options, I rely on the feedback of more knowledgeable peers.

My question is if Sunfires sound good with modern Yamahas, are they a good match???

My speakers are Klipsch RF-63 surround system, with dual RSW-10D's.

Thank you for you help!!!

Also posted on the Carver site and audioholics, would really like feedback before taking any steps.

I don't think you can go wrong with that combo. 

Yamaha====neutral, in my opinion

Sunfire=====slightly warmish, in my opinion

Combo=====perfect, hopefully

I have driven my RF-63s with Sunfire and Yamaha and both sound awesome.

Bill

Hey Willand, great to hear this, I am loving my Sunfire combo, but missing the modern conveniences. And I always have that thought in the back of my mind that the newer DACs could outperform the older Sunfire DACs, with the newer movies.  I guess I'll soon find out!!!

Thank you for your continuous help Willand!!

Here is a pic of my little man cave!

20180513_160059.jpg

20180513_160257.jpg

2 hours ago, Carlosrs said:

I am international and can't return/ship items back, to try different options, I rely on the feedback of more knowledgeable peers.

Where international?  I am sure you have made that known in a previous post but remind me.:unsure2:

Bill

That is an RC-62 ii, it does pretty well.  I am in the Dominican Republic, very difficult to ship back and forth.

The future goal is triple RF-83s for the front, RF-63s for the rears, all running full range. RS-52 ii for elevation, dual RSW-10Ds, and 1 more big sealed sub, not sure which one.

For the 2 channel system, a Sunfire Tube Preamp, Sunfire 300 Two, which I already have with my RF-83s.  Change the RF-83s to La Scalas, Chorus or Cornwalls.

This will take time, but its fun to work on it, do research and grow it out slowly.

Love me some RF-63’s, nice looking system!

I have been on the hunt for another pair of RF-63’s these past few months with no luck.

the RC-62 does very well with the RF-63’s but the right move was switching to the RC-64, when one popped up local to me.

3 RF-83’s across the front would be one heck of a front stage, good luck with your search!

Love my RF-63's, I have the 83's too in a 2 channel system, they are both amazing speakers!!! I find the sound very similar, but the 83s have more presence, if that makes sense, just a "bigger" sound! The 63s, paired with my subs are incredibly sweet, but I'm probably mostly hearing the room anyway!!

I found a single demo 83 in my country, so when I pull the trigger I will complete my dream front stage, now I just need a bigger theater room!!! jajajaja.

Below is my second system, even though it sounds pretty good, the room is still being decorated, lets see how it sounds when everything is done!20180225_160900.thumb.jpg.b48103a99e726daa7fafc8c0c81c40b1.jpg

I have owned both, but not at the same time. I currently own, and love the cxa5100. I hear ya on being out of the USA and dealing with returns. I have a Amazon purchase that is causing problems on a return now. We are living in Mexico now.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, Carlosrs said:

Hello, I currently have a Sunfire Cinema Grand amplifier paired with an Ultimate Receiver, with the amp section disabled, basically a TGP III. I am looking to upgrade to HDMI, streaming, newer formats and updated DACS, and I am planning to get an Yamaha Aventage as preamp or a CX-A5100 processor. I am international and can't return/ship items back, to try different options, I rely on the feedback of more knowledgeable peers.

My question is if Sunfires sound good with modern Yamahas, are they a good match???

My speakers are Klipsch RF-63 surround system, with dual RSW-10D's.

Thank you for you help!!!

Also posted on the Carver site and audioholics, would really like feedback before taking any steps.

Hey nice to see you here Carlos! I know two people with that same Yamaha and Sunfire amps and both are very happy with the combo. One has the Sunfire Cinema Ribbon speakers and the other some older JBL horn speakers, hope this helps.

Jesse