I-POD question (not pAd)

Coytee

So I have an Ipod that I generally use when I'm cutting the field/yard or on the backhoe.

Debating on buying another....  looks like the version I have (I think it's a 60 gig) has been totally replaced by an Ipod "Touch" or something like that.  I've only put about 3 minutes searching into it but it looks like it's a touch screen format much like their phone.

Anyone use both and have any opinions on differences?  (I can get a discontinued version like mine if I want)

I do NOT need the extra frills (internet stuff) that I infer it has.  Just something to play some tunes.  Oh, and it has to have a plug for my Custom 3's (which are still going strong after around 12 years of use....though the cable looks pretty beat!!)

i like the scrolling ability of the Ipod.  When I'm on the tractor/other, it's easy to just thumb through something while on the move.  Is the touch version just as user friendly??

Another question:  On the top of my current Ipod, there is a lock switch that disallows the volume to be changed, tracks to be changed.... 

Since I put my unit in my pocket while I'm working, it gets bumped, hit, pressure from me leaning....  and my current one would change songs or volume on me until I learned about the locking switch.

Does the new version have something similar where you can prevent a "pocket dial" while it's in use? 

What I end up doing is hook things up, put the Ipod inside the zip case that my ear buds came in.  String the cable under my clothes and put the Ipod/zip container inside my pocket.

• Moderators

No help here, I had to look up the difference between a i pod and I pad.

I do the same thing but with an old Iphone 4 with a cracked screen. Had it wiped clean, it only has Pandora and Spotify and 10 gig of music when i'm not in wifi range which is most of the time.

I use an I pad out by the bar for wifi, and the same music loaded as the phone.

Sorry no help

I have on several occasions (3 or 4) bought used ipods on ebay. sounds risky but I have had good luck. I always check the feedback and return policy of the seller first. I too don't like the touch screens and have a docking station that doesn't accept the newer models. Good luck.