R-12SWi questions

JohnJ

There is one close to me that it looks like I could pick up for less than the under $300 advertised "like new, got for Christmas `17, got new furniture, needed something smaller"

Well for whatever reason if it sounds good and tight I might be interested.

I know there is a difference in my music from 50hz (my old Heresy 2s) down to 38hz (new Forte 3s). Is going down 10hz more equally as noticeable with music? Might get a doooh from you guys here! Do not listen to the pipe-organ channel too often but it was fun when I got the new speakers last year.  Eventually this will be paired with the tv, it just hasn't happened yet.

Also looks like the R-12SW can be obtained for around $350 right now new with warranty.

Is the amp in this way, way better than the BASH in my 10+ year old Klipsch 4.1 thx setup on my pc?  I hope so.

Zero experience with subs other than my pc. It does have line in rca's so I could wire it too if the transmitter up and quits.

The sub didn't work out with the sound of my Fortes. Even setting the low pass to its lowest 50 hz it messed with the excellent Klipsch sound too much for me to outweigh the benefit of going 19 db lower than they can.

Had to buy a cable for it, not trying another sub so putting it up in the garage sale it is an AudioQuest Black Thunder II subwoofer cable 2 m long.