Spring clip connections

seabaughs

I just received my R-1650-CSM speakers in the mail.  There are two pairs of input connections.  I can't for the life of me find out which connections to use.  The literature that came with them simply tells me to connect them to my amp.   I can find nothing on-line and Klipsch Support tells me to wait up to 7 days for them to respond... Grrrrr

Could you send pictures.  

It could be that one pair is for connection to a 70-volt distribution system  and the other for connection to a regular amplifier.  Do you see any labels like that?

WMcD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect for use in bathrooms, closets, hallways, or anywhere else multiple speakers would be impractical, the R-1650-CSM delivers powerful and dynamic performances to some of the most difficult installation locations.

• Single speaker accepts two-channel input 
  • Separate tweeters for each channel to preserve stereo effect
  • Paintable to match ceiling
  • Packaged individually
  • Includes paintable metal mesh grill and cutout template

The R-1650-CSM employs a 6.5-inch polymer-cone woofer and a large motor structure for high sensitivity and strong bass output. Dual voice coils sum the low frequencies from a stereo input to mono. Upper frequencies are handled individually for the two channels by a coaxially mounted dual-tweeter array preserving the stereo effect.

The speaker’s mounting system makes installation a breeze while its paintable aluminum grille provides added rust protection in moisture-prone areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.

• Moderators

Exactly, Carl is right, there are 2 tweeters so you connect each channel to each connection, I used some like that in my wifes sewing room. It is so if one is used it's still stereo, if more are used like I did it is so you hear both R & L channels from each speaker, this way no matter where you are in the room your hearing stereo not one channel. They have 2 compleat crossovers and share a woofer with each channel but separate tweeters to give more of a stereo sound, smart idea really.